PDA

View Full Version : houser air box lifter kit

Lquad71
01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
55$ seems expensive for a couple of brackets that look like they are cut out of sheet metal then brushed but i do need one of these....before i get one though i am trying to figure out how thes are installed? any help?

fastredrider44
01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
It depends on what linkage and shock you are running. I busted the bottom of my airbox when I bottomed one time, so I got one.

They are easy to install. It lifts the airbox at an angle, with more height to the rear. The brackets screw on to the airbox in the original location, and then bolt to the frame. It makes it kinda difficult to get the carb in the boot at first.

It wouldn't be all the difficult to make one, as many have done it in the past.

Lquad71
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM
do u think you could make it out of some sheet metal then drill it...If so how thick would it have to be?

TAZ450r
01-17-2010, 08:23 AM
do u think you could make it out of some sheet metal then drill it...If so how thick would it have to be?

yes you can, i had one before but now i just lift the airbox to the hight you want and drill a hol in the side andput a bolt right thro. much easier:D

Lquad71
01-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Thank you!:)

d3ktrix
01-17-2010, 11:28 AM
AFAIK you shouldn't need to raise ur airbox with the LSR link in your sig.

One of my friends uses that link with an 06+ siwinger and a Motowoz shock and didn't have to touch his airbox.
So I would think as long as you shock is setup right for your rear it should be fine.
Can call/E-Mail LSR to double check.

I didn't need to raise mine for my Elka link either.

Lquad71
01-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Well i dont know about motowoz shocks but i run a pep and it hits....i have a 2005 and i put a longer 2007 swingarm on it and it hits the back probably because it isnt in the right spot....anyways i need to get one.

This is the top of the linnkage...it wore off the black as you can see so you can tell it hits.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/Datin71/IMG_5061.jpg

This is the bottom of the airbox where it hits....kinda hard to tell though
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/Datin71/IMG_5062.jpg

d3ktrix
01-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Guess something is a tad different then.
Oh and there is 2 different versions of the LSR link isn't there? Forgot about that.

My Elka link doesn't actually touch, but it gets so close that if there is sand between the linkage and the air box it gets pitted into the bottom of the air box. lol