PDA

View Full Version : best mods for DRR 50 liquid-cooled

asadad00
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
The DRR 50 is running good , now we want to up the performance , what are the best mods to do to make this quad ready for MX arena racing ? Rules are rather loose , so almost anything goes , but I want it reliable.

selbygirl
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
suspension a good set of shocks runs smoother faster and safer. and good protective gear neck brace chestprotector a good light helmet thats what my 7 year old son sed the best thing i got for his bike was elka shocks and a pipe i got from hot quads just be safe and have fun

EthansDad
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous! :devil:

just kidding! actually, what selbygirl said was a very good starting point. you won't get crazy power out of that 50, and at the end of the day its about reducing lap times more than how much HP you have. good suspension will help reduce lap times, and make it a safer ride.

Another thing to think about is how often, or percentage of time does your rider ride at full throttle? a good 50 rider will hold it wide open about 90-95%% of the time, those 50s need to be wide open due to less HP they make. younger riders tend to "blip" it around and even after big $$ in motor, you might not see much lap time reduction until your rider starts using near 100% of the stock DRR.

If your rider is giving the 50 all its got, and the other riders still have more motor, I'd look at after market cylinder and pipe upgrade.

I worked with a local racer on a '06 50cc DRR where we put on a after market cylinder/head/piston and a stock DRR 90 pipe, using the stock carb we got about 60% power to the ground. Also matched that with a mid grade ignition upgrade and CVT tuning to get the most out of it.

01-15-2010, 05:18 AM
last year we went to the summit indoor race and the rules are open so we ran our production bike i am selling the cylinder and pipe combo on that also first moto we won by 1/2 laf second moto i held my daughter at the gate until the boys got to the first turn and she still won.

bulldogfallon
01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Best bang for the buck is:

Stage 6 Aluminum kit
DRX 90 pipe
Adjustable CDI/Coil Combo

Clutching goes a big way too
782 belt
Red Malossi
3.75 Rollers
Stage 6 Clutch and Bell

Works great for us

Sprocketing for the shorter track is a must

jerkyboy
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Suspension first. Most kids will ride harder and faster. If rules are
flexable go long travel. It might be expensive but it will last for many years.

etondaddy
01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
Suspension first. Most kids will ride harder and faster. If rules are
flexable go long travel. It might be expensive but it will last for many years.
Yea please don't touch the motor untill you do the suspension......... the stock DRR is a lot better than the old stock E-Ton and Kasea's were but still not ready for all that motor work..... call Tom at Fourplay....tell him etondaddy sent yea.....:devil:

The suspension will move up with you....70....90..... the motor won't...

Mike Kozura

01-15-2010, 09:39 AM
you can call izzy at burgard cycles also he's redesigning his drr -arms also to work better he will treat you right on price and not over charge you

asadad00
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone, I am awaiting an email of the exact rules to make sure that I stay legal. I am able to perform most bolt-ons but will have to practice on setting up the clutch, I will get started soon as rules arrive. There is one other 50 DRR that rides with us, it is much faster than ours but cylinder and exhaust appear to be stock. Never heard of izzy or burgard?

Team-Ty
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
here is a link to our 50cc quad we were are building I just threw the cylinder on and the pipe, no clutching or antyhing along those lines were done on this video. The video was from last year right beofre snow fell and was recorded on my cell phone so it is not the best video in the world but you will get the idea. This things rips now, you can make a 50cc bike fast just need to buy the right parts and spend the time to make sure everything is right.

The video was just a stock aftermarket cylinder no porting was done yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kkfKp5s6E

Thanks
Shawn

01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
ya we run the ported parmakit cylinder by ta porting and the pcs pipe ours rips to i have 2 of the ta porting parmakit cylinders for sale also