PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best link to run with.....

Bostockracing22
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a 05 450 and Im going to be running a fox podium shock with a stock swinger for now...what would be the best link to run with this set up?

Thanks!

HoleshotR15
01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Tiexeriea Tech Racing

Bostockracing22
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
where do I get info on that...Iv never heard of them

HoleshotR15
01-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hey man u can always check outt here site,
http://www.teixeiratech.com/
Ed is a super cool guy, u can always call too and ask questions.

ricksmx865
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by HoleshotR15
Tiexeriea Tech Racing

I agree!

Tyler this is the setup that gibbs ran towards the end of the year last year. Works awesome! This is the the setup i was planning on running this year.

fastredrider44
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
XC or MX, that makes a big difference. And I hope you don't have the shock yet. It'll need to be adjusted for whatever link you decide on.

By the way, the Texiera link and Fox shock is a great rear end, but you might want to get a few opinions from them about getting the 06 up swinger though.

ricksmx865
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
XC or MX, that makes a big difference. And I hope you don't have the shock yet. It'll need to be adjusted for whatever link you decide on.

By the way, the Texiera link and Fox shock is a great rear end, but you might want to get a few opinions from them about getting the 06 up swinger though.

He races XC

Bostockracing22
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
well i dont think I will be able to come up with the cash for a $500 link by FL....no I dont have the shock yet tho..any other suggestions?

BlaineKaiser450
01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Get a used stock 2006 swingarm and a used LSR link. Thats what I run and I paid a total of $160 for both (used).

d3ktrix
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Get a used stock 2006 swingarm and a used LSR link. Thats what I run and I paid a total of $160 for both (used).

x2

Or if you don't feel like switching your swingarm and chain you can get the Elka Pro Dual link for your 05 swinger like I did.
Should be able to find 1 cheap used.

The Tiex, LSR, Elka links are all great.
LSR is probably the cheapest if buying all new stuff.

Bostockracing22
01-14-2010, 09:23 PM
I was looking at the charts on the elka..how much different is the elka from the teixeira?

fastredrider44
01-14-2010, 09:36 PM
You can pick up used GTT links and shocks for the 05 all over the place. Might go that route til you have the cash to go for the TT link and fox shock. You can always sell the other.

snacob14
01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Dirtworks Rocker Linkage is awesome, thats what I"ll be running soon. IT has a replaceable Stainless skid that is built into the design. so unlike a derisi, or GTT link, when it gets bashed up, you don't have to replace the whole link, you just buy another 20 dollar skid.

scroll down their homepage and it has pricing info about it.
http://www.dirtworksmotorsports.com/

Bostockracing22
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I think im going to go from an 05 swinger to an 07 swinger.. does it all bolt up if i get a fox shock for it and the teix. link? or do I also need the shock to swingarm link?

snacob14
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
i've also got an extra gt thunder xc linkage in great shape that i'd sell. 95 bucks shipped its the xc short linkage. You can see it on their site.

JAKE YATES
01-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Hands down the dirtworks link works better an all these for the money in xc, i know alot of people running all these. the texteria link works awsome but those 500 dollar links get exspensive replacing every year. the dirtworks guys are great to work with also, if you break something of theres they actually feel bad about it unlike alot of others, and will usally do what ever it takes to make it right. just my opinion.

Jake Yates

snacob14
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JAKE YATES
Hands down the dirtworks link works better an all these for the money in xc, i know alot of people running all these. the texteria link works awsome but those 500 dollar links get exspensive replacing every year. the dirtworks guys are great to work with also, if you break something of theres they actually feel bad about it unlike alot of others, and will usally do what ever it takes to make it right. just my opinion.

Jake Yates

word. I honestly would recommend their link over mine if you have the money to spend. Theirs is my next purchase.

Butter
01-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Just throwing another name out there. ARSFX has their 5.3 gold link for stock '06 swingers. My brother runs their stuff for MX and his bike always rode awesome. I know they do more in XC so I would think for XC racing, they would be a great brand to run!

D Bergstrom
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bostockracing22
I think im going to go from an 05 swinger to an 07 swinger.. does it all bolt up if i get a fox shock for it and the teix. link? or do I also need the shock to swingarm link?

All you need is a 06 or later swingarm, everything you already have will from your stock swingarm will work with the new swingarm. The Teixeira Linkage is a complete linkage, you do not need any of the stock linkage parts.

Another good thing about the Teixiera linkage is you can run a AC Racing swingarm skid with just a few modifications to the top plate. The linkage box itself on the AC skid does not need to be cut for clearance, so the skid will fully protect the linkage. Do not know if you plan on running a skid or not, but nice to know there is a option.

Doug

300racer
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
does dirt works make that link for a long travel? and don't mean to get off topic but how much is there grab bars?

snacob14
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
does dirt works make that link for a long travel? and don't mean to get off topic but how much is there grab bars?
best bet on price would be to call them. I'm not joking in saying that josh and randy are probably the nices guys in this industry work with. They were racers and are now build our tracks that we race xc on, so they are definitely in it for the racers.

Bostockracing22
01-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I have an 07 swinger on the way and I will prolly go with the teix link.

Dave400ex
01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Tyler the Teixeira linkage is the linkage I ran all last year. I will be running all of Ed's stuff again this year! The setup works awesome for XC. With the 06-up swingarm all you will need then is the linkage, shock, chain and you will need an airbox riser if you don't already have one. Also as far as replacing the linkage every year, Ed has 2 skid plates for his that make it hold up much better. My buddy made a full skid that covers the entire link out of plastic that is great for it!

Dirtworks, I agree, Josh is awesome and their products are top notch. They make stuff that other places won't!

Bostockracing22
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Ok yea I seen the one skid he made but not two of them. I just have to get some more cash and I will be buying that Teix. link.

Trailie400
02-16-2010, 01:02 AM
What do you think is bettter, need opinions.

Houser swinger, houser link

versus

06+ Stock swinger,Lonestar DC6 link

and

Axis LT vs Elka LT
both dual rate mx

airmobile101
02-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Trailie400

versus

and

Axis LT vs Elka LT
both dual rate mx

I'm cheap! I would stick with the 06+ swinger and run the AXIS on it. Im not a fan of Elcrap. As for the link??? I have no clue since I run XC.

/infamous/
02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Trailie400

versus

and

Axis LT vs Elka LT
both dual rate mx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year i ran a JB superlink swingarm and JB linkage with a PEP shock.....this year im running a stock swingarm on my 09 trx with LSR linkage and PEP shock and this years setup works just as good as last years. I race mx though not xc

Trailie400
02-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, thanks for the input.

All I do is run MX, so your opinions help out alot.