PDA

View Full Version : first cellphone, got ?'s

buck440
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
next weekend i'm getting a samsung omnia 2 from verizon and was wondering a few things about it. how much a month is gps, internet, cost for games, what if you miss a payment. any answers would be appreciated

dpizz450
01-14-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/vzwfly

To the best of my knowledge, if you miss a payment, they will charge you a late fee. If you still don't pay it I'm sure they will disconnect your phone. It also can't be to good for your credit score.

XCRacer236
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
why a Omnia 2? theres far better phones from VZW.

i forget how much texting is. e-mail and internet is $30 a month. and i think GPS is $10 or $15

Tommy Warren
01-14-2010, 07:32 PM
FIrst cell phone?:huh have you been living in a cave? the old plastic cups on a string not cutting it anymore? just kiddin if you don't pay the send you a letter than cut off your service than charge you the contract ending fee then they send it to collections than collections calls you every day at different times ranging from 2AM to 11PM.......trust me:grr:

Jim417mx
01-15-2010, 07:36 AM
My boost mobile is $50 a month UNLIMITED talk, text, and web. I have it set on pay as you go. So I just buy a $50 card every month and call in the card's number. If you miss a payment, no big deal, you just dont have a working phone. GPS is availible extra, not sure how much though. Only thing I hate is the texting is a tad on the slow side, maybe 3-5 seconds slower than most other phones, which is the reason why I'm NEVER texter 500 on my local radio stations ticket give-aways :mad:

vzmain61
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
I would get a BlackBerry Tour or a Storm 2 if you are going the smartphone route. Just my thoughts. You will be very unhappy with windows mobile as to where a BlackBerry works very well, and you get a lot more features for the same $29.99 per month. Go to phonescoop.com and check out reviews on any Verizon Wireless phone they currently offer. That should help.

06typeS
01-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I would go with what Jim417 recomended with either boost mobil or virgin or walmart has a new one i forget the name. You get can unlmited talk text and web for 45 bucks a month with no contracts. The only downside is that they only offer like 4 phones but you can't beat the price of the plan.

I have an iphone and i wouldn't be without it now, i use it for everything and get the use out of it but i do pay 85 bucks a month for it and im locked in for 2 years. If i miss a payment i get a late and fee and like others said it goes against your credit.

Where with the boost and others there is no contract and if you miss a payment you simply don't have phone service.

buck440
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
i hear you all talking about credit, do i need a credit card to even get it going? hell i just had $700 laying around and figured i needed a phone and was going to lay my benjies down, figure out a plan, and be on my way........and yes.....i have been living in a cave:)

Mud Goat
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
FIrst cell phone?:huh have you been living in a cave? the old plastic cups on a string not cutting it anymore?

it takes alot of work if you got to make a long distance call, thats a long way to throw the cup. And what if it's windy? :blah: lol just kiddin

buck440
01-16-2010, 10:28 PM
30lb fishing line gives the most crisp sound yet lol,

Kickstarts-suck
01-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i hear you all talking about credit, do i need a credit card to even get it going? hell i just had $700 laying around and figured i needed a phone and was going to lay my benjies down,

:huh

buck440
01-17-2010, 08:32 AM
did a little research...don't need a card:rolleyes: told you i'm a phone noob.

mxtuner
01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
If you want a smart phone get the htc eris droid, or motorla droid.