PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Aftermarket Frame

Honda 250r 001
01-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I searched "strongest aftermarket frame" and didnt come up with much

But what is hands down the strongest aftermarket 250r frame? Any link, and front end, any price... What is the best stock link aftermarket frame?
Thanks guys.

woodsracer144
01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
well what are the 3 names you always hear?

Leagers, Roll, Walsh, Roll is prolly the strongest,

Honda 250r 001
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
well what are the 3 names you always hear?

Leagers, Roll, Walsh, Roll is prolly the strongest,

basicly i was wanting to compare walsh and roll frames, because i hear them a lot.

J.B.
01-15-2010, 07:34 AM
You see alot of roll products racing in baja. That speaks of their strength imo.

Honda 250r 001
01-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I read in a thread somewehre to order a "baja" style frame instead of a "mx" frame because its stronger? Could this be so? is baja really harder on frames than mx?

I also read in a "frame up" article from trx 25 0r.n et that a arens frame laster longer than a lonestar?!? Is arens a pretty good stock replacement frame for the money?

protrax
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Rolls may be the strongest , heres a nice one
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416612

woodsracer144
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
pretty much any aftermarked chassis will hold up alot better then an OE, where you start to see the aftermaket ones with flaws are the first ones like in early to mid 90's chassis will be beat and start to crack, they might just be made out of mild steel as well, and not the chromolly.

when you get in to chassis where you would need an aftermarket on you have to look at the pros and cons in running one, will you only be able to use thier stuff, even though its stronger it might weigh in more, so are you willing to put up with the extra weight, the lobo is the heviest but i think its one of the strongest one...

my prp wasnt a known name when i got it, but its stull a really stong chassis, i really like it... its all up to you i got a really good deal on a 95 outlaw Jp, it needs a little work but i can do it, the rails arnt cracked up but the rear shock mount for the OE set up is toast, they have 2 mount spots, so i would run the no link shock, or make it a crf or something like that...

Honda 250r 001
01-15-2010, 09:03 AM
pretty much any aftermarked chassis will hold up alot better then an OE, where you start to see the aftermaket ones with flaws are the first ones like in early to mid 90's chassis will be beat and start to crack, they might just be made out of mild steel as well, and not the chromolly.

when you get in to chassis where you would need an aftermarket on you have to look at the pros and cons in running one, will you only be able to use thier stuff, even though its stronger it might weigh in more, so are you willing to put up with the extra weight, the lobo is the heviest but i think its one of the strongest one...

my prp wasnt a known name when i got it, but its stull a really stong chassis, i really like it... its all up to you i got a really good deal on a 95 outlaw Jp, it needs a little work but i can do it, the rails arnt cracked up but the rear shock mount for the OE set up is toast, they have 2 mount spots, so i would run the no link shock, or make it a crf or something like that...

Well heres what im thinking. I was hoping to later either go with a full blown brand new walsh chassis cr 500 link with most of their ****, a arms and swingarm... But i was also contimplating an arens frame with my set up now. If i have my shocks set up correctly, and i do no 90 foot flat landers... should a aftermarket frame last forever? or does the metal just fatige and eventually crack...

croat1
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Well heres what im thinking. I was hoping to later either go with a full blown brand new walsh chassis cr 500 link with most of their ****, a arms and swingarm... But i was also contimplating an arens frame with my set up now. If i have my shocks set up correctly, and i do no 90 foot flat landers... should a aftermarket frame last forever? or does the metal just fatige and eventually crack...

lets think about your last comment. did your stock frame last forever? why should an aftermarket then last forever? all metals fatigue after use. especially with what is done to a frame in the course of off roading. yes the after market frames will hold up but they also have a lifespan. here you want a frame buy my 2009 laeger

Honda 250r 001
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by croat1
lets think about your last comment. did your stock frame last forever? why should an aftermarket then last forever? all metals fatigue after use. especially with what is done to a frame in the course of off roading. yes the after market frames will hold up but they also have a lifespan. here you want a frame buy my 2009 laeger

dude, you have no idea how much would love to have that frame.. lol but im 16 and broke haha. Well how much longer do aftermarket frames last? Because if this frame is 20 years old and its still truckin does that mean if you weld up cracks and gusset that a aftermarket frame will last 40?

atvmxr
01-15-2010, 10:15 AM
back in the late 90z, early 2000z Lonestar was crap. better than OE i guess, but knew a few fellow MXr's that would start having frames crack in their second season of use. Maybe lonestar has since got it together, but those experiences have forever soured my perspective of Lonestar. I would never buy one...

with the current stupidity @ Laegers, I would probably go with Walsh...

woodsracer144
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
dude honestly, im not trying to be mean when i say this, i understand your broke, i am too! thats why my quad doesnt have a motor in it, i have to pay for gas to get to tech and i can affort to dump it in a motor, anyways,

finish your rebuild with the OE chassis, you can weld or have some one who can, even if you have to re weld that chassis 3 times, at the end of the season, fix it all up and go over the whole thing and then sell it, dont drop anouther4 k in to it, but then once you sell that quad, you can get a full blown leager quad any where from 3500-12K you can get a really nice quad for 3K or 3500, its alot cheaper and you have all the goodies already on the dang thing, your going to have over 20K in a bike and your not even going to see 7K out of the quad,

Honda 250r 001
01-15-2010, 04:35 PM
dude honestly, im not trying to be mean when i say this, i understand your broke, i am too! thats why my quad doesnt have a motor in it, i have to pay for gas to get to tech and i can affort to dump it in a motor, anyways,

finish your rebuild with the OE chassis, you can weld or have some one who can, even if you have to re weld that chassis 3 times, at the end of the season, fix it all up and go over the whole thing and then sell it, dont drop anouther4 k in to it, but then once you sell that quad, you can get a full blown leager quad any where from 3500-12K you can get a really nice quad for 3K or 3500, its alot cheaper and you have all the goodies already on the dang thing, your going to have over 20K in a bike and your not even going to see 7K out of the quad,

im not looking to buy a frame right now, this stock frame hopefully will last me a while... But im trying to do a little reasearch for later on when i do decide to look for another race quad, and retire this one to my trail rider, or buying a frame separete. Thanks for the info though guys.

sikadelic
01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
what about frp or flp? front line or front row products? never heard of them before but saw one of their frames on ebay. looked clean

YFZ_Racer42
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
there was a 2006 Arens chassis stock replacement for sale like a month ago and I think it wasn't too expensive...

My brother had one in 2007 and it worked very well!

xcracer411
01-15-2010, 11:53 PM
what is that laeger 2009 frame for what link how much tell me about it

croat1
01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
tried sending you a pm about the frame. you inbox is full

xcracer411
01-16-2010, 05:05 PM
ok i will see whats up