PDA

View Full Version : New Quad

DVXchic
01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
So after alot of research on a couple brands, i made my decision. Based on reading all your threads i have decided CAN AM, I will be picking up my new 09 DS450x mx on saturday. I am pretty excited.
I would like to thank you guys in posting all the good and bad things about this Quad. I am sure i will be very Happy with it.

One question, I am 140lbs, what will the shocks be like for me? are they pretty stiff, the rear sits up pretty high as well. how well do they perform like this.

Thanks

simond
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Normaly Factory shock are set for 160 pounds and average riing...so a 140 MX Riding..you might be foud those a little bit rought..depend of you're taste

Also, you can put a lowering pivot. It's a Bracket that gonna put youre seat down a bit. BRP racing dept have it or BCS performance also got one!

kellymi
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I am just like you and weight 140lbs. I can't speak for the MX model, but on the XC model they are a little stiff for me. I came off a DVX and I love the way the DS handles and feels.

simond
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
you can get you KYB revalved for you're weigt by stadium or someone else....

DVXchic
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys,
If they are stiff i was thinking on starting with an Elka rear, as i am a dealer, and having the fronts revalved. Hopefully this will work.
What other things do you guys recommend changing/modifying?

bomberman
01-15-2010, 10:50 AM
You might want to change the bars. They are a really strange bend. But then again you might really like them. Id reccomend putting a motorworks pipe on though. Will make a real difference yet still be really really smooth

simond
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Pipe, ECU... Open air box with a K&N are the basic...

after a 13/39 gearing is lie the origina one but smaller...les chance to hit hi more ground clearance

THis are the basic for me...after is more like yu feel it and budget..cause if you want to spend 10 000 on the bike...you can ;o)

DVXchic
01-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Moto works pipe and ECM are on there way through the racer program. I already have a set of bars to go on her. I wish there was no snow here, i'm pretty puped to get to the track.

simond
01-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Lol ..there's currently 4 feet of snow on the ground were i am.... i'm wainting the summer for ridding!!! Atv is more than ready but ice race or snow race are not the same thrill!!