PDA

View Full Version : no spark

blevinsbulldog
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This thing started & ran fine 2 weeks ago. now it wont start. I hit the start button & nothing. i got a new relay & nothing. I bypassed the relay by taking it out & cutting 2 pieces of clothes hangers & putting them in the slots to connect the wires together. when i put the positive wire to the battery it turns over fine (negative connected to battery) & cranks strong, but will not fire up. i think Ive flooded the hell out of it, there is a little gas leaking from where the exhaust connects to the motor. I took the plug out & it was wet so i think its getting fuel. I tried checking for spark but really don't know what I'm doing. I took the plug wire off & put a screwdriver close to it while cranking it & didnt see any spark. Ive seen a fuse in the parts diagram but cant find it on the bike. Ive checked the button that people say can pop out when overloaded & its in. All help is greatly appreciated.

blevinsbulldog
01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Well just dropped it off at the shop. They said they would charge 1/2hr labor ($37) to diagnose the problem. I guess thats better than just replacing parts until i get it fixed.

blevinsbulldog
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Well just picked it up about 2hrs ago. It was the brake safety thing. They bypassed it for me & it only cost me $37.50 for them to diagnose & bypass it for me.