PDA

View Full Version : NEATV florida "winter warmup race"

extremeblastr
01-13-2010, 11:53 PM
from the mouth of neatv president howard payne and all you southeast guys keep an eye out for this series he's working on the man knows how to run an mx event

Date: Feb. 27th 28th ,2010

Saturday practice
Sunday Racing
Our rules,Our classes,

I'm working on a winter southern series for next year and it will be called SEATV-MX Series and thought about doing a race there this year to show the riders down south how we do it, just wondering if there is any interest of any of our riders to come down and if anyone will be down there. It will be an NEATV event but no points torwards our 2010 season.Camping is allowed for as many days as you need before or after the event and there are electical hook ups as well. Let me know , just trying to get a feel for who might go.

It will be covered by the media
I will try to get the contingency programs to cover this race
More info to come

ryan243
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
god i hope i can afford to get my motor back by then

motofreak2772
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
That track isn't that good, but it should be fun to see how we do compared to you northern boys.

BLU82
01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
That track isn't that good, but it should be fun to see how we do compared to you northern boys.
Not very good.......:devil: hahaha j/k But I hope this race happens! It would be awesome to have a north/south rivalry race.

JAG Motosports
01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
That would be awesome, but the problem is that is the same weekend as the Dade City Series. Dade City is by far the biggest quad series in Florida, soooo the local turn-out would be low.

extremeblastr
01-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports
That would be awesome, but the problem is that is the same weekend as the Dade City Series. Dade City is by far the biggest quad series in Florida, soooo the local turn-out would be low.

i believe this race was scheduled around a different series in hopes of picking up the numbers they have during the off season for us up here. all i know for sure is that howard knows what hes doing hes brought NEATV a very long way and gotten us a lot of contingencies and support so if this southern series happens and works well i wouldn't be surprised to see him start working his way across the country with a regional series in every part of the country.

JAG Motosports
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Well I hope it works out. We down in Florida will take all of the racing opportunities that we can get, IMO. I'm sure you're referring to the SSQSA series. The problem is that the SSQSA series doesn't get a good turn out when Dade City has it's race weekend. (actually hasn't been getting good turn out period) I really think he should reconsider the dates. I'm sure some people will show up but you're not gonna get the hard core racing people there on that weekend. We'll all be at Dade City MX!I'm not trying to argue whether this guy knows what he's doing or not .....I'm just saying that I'd be surprised if you get any good turn out. He needs to be scheduling around the Dade City series not the SSQSA. I'm sure all of the other local racers on here will agree.

motofreak2772
01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah, that's true. I mean personally I'm tired of dade city and won't be going but all of out pro am guys race the money class there and won't go.

ds450xracer
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
If he is trying to get a series started down here he needs to check out Forest Glen. Its a brand new track designed and built by Jason Baker of dream tracks. Its only been open for about a month but its already becoming one of the best in florida. They've already got a winter am and a Lorretta's qualifier for the dirt bikes it would be cool to see a big quad race there. Some pro dirt bikers have been quiet a bit like Tim Ferry and on wednesday Tim Farr and John Natalie were there.
Here is the link
http://forestglenmx.com/

01-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Only question I have way Waldo??????