PDA

View Full Version : Rath Swaybar Set-up

IDYFZ
01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
*HELP* I need to make sure this will work!

I picked up a Rath Swaybar and I put it on, but I wanted to make sure that it will work OK this way. I had to turn my shocks around or it wouldn't clear the rezzies. I have the clamps also that would allow me to attach to the upper a arm if I wanted to mount the swaybar to the upper shock mounts... Just wanted to see what others thought.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/NRAGSDALE/DSC07938re.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/NRAGSDALE/DSC07939re.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/NRAGSDALE/DSC07940re.jpg

It sure looks weird with the rezzies on the inside... Nothing touches or binds so I think that it will work.
I have a Indoor Flat Track race this Saturday!
Thanks

tt racer
01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Most people use the other style mounts, personally i dont like the way it looks but if you like it thats all that matters.

BakerRacing40
01-14-2010, 01:57 AM
That's how I have mine. When I got mine it was sent with trx450 mounts so I modified them so I could mount it inside the frame.

yfzttracer76
01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
There is nothing wrong with having them on this way as long as nothing is touching, do the link arms clear the back of the shock? This is how I have my sway bar mounted, looks good!

IDYFZ
01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
That's how I have mine. When I got mine it was sent with trx450 mounts so I modified them so I could mount it inside the frame.

Do you have any pics??

IDYFZ
01-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by tt racer
Most people use the other style mounts, personally i dont like the way it looks but if you like it thats all that matters.

I'm not really concerned with how it looks.... just want to make sure that it will work.

IDYFZ
01-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by yfzttracer76
There is nothing wrong with having them on this way as long as nothing is touching, do the link arms clear the back of the shock? This is how I have my sway bar mounted, looks good!

I checked it quite a few times to make sure nothing was touching... the only thing that comes close to touching the rezzies is the arm for my precision stabilizer and it is still a few inches away.

When I run it this way I can't have my lowering kit on so I just took all the preload out to lower it a bit.

The link arms are very close to touching the shock coil, but there is a gap.... They do touch if I lift the quad off the ground and there is no weight on the suspension. I think that I'm going to add one more spacer or washer in there though.

I was also thinking that I could run the link arms to the front of the shock mount. I checked and it will work that way also.... is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing this?? If I do that then I could also cut the extra off the arms that the link hooks to and turn my shocks around. I wasn't in a big hurry to cut them in case I needed to put this on a different machine of sell it though.

Thanks for the info!

yfzttracer76
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
I would just add one more spacer and leave it the way it is this way you can adjust the link arms on the sway bar. If it is an oval race you could tighted the right front shock as well. I noticedyou have after market a-arms with stock shocks this should make it low enough....

BakerRacing40
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
this is when i first got the bar on my starter set up.. the mounts were straight instead of being angled, so the tube was hitting the front of the frame. had trouble trying to get my links hooked to the lower shock mount, what ever i tried it hit either shock or a arm depending on suspension travel...

BakerRacing40
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
altered the mounts, quad wasn't with me to fully test fit. i should have made them so the bar was mounted higher and maybe a lil forward. when the shocks are all the way compressed, the bolts that hold the end links on the torsion bar barely hit the a arm.. this set up i was able to get long bolts for the lower shock mounts make a spacer and put my adjusting links on the back side of the a arms/tie rods. everything clears good. sorry for the crappy cell pics.. i'll see if i can find a decent one from the side..

IDYFZ
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
BakerRacing40

Thanks I appreciate it!!