PDA

View Full Version : gas on/off switch

mdt75crazy
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
biggest noob question of all...what is the purpose of the gas on/off switch? do i leave it on till i shut the motor down or let it run in the off position for a couple mins before killing engine???

bkelley
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mdt75crazy
biggest noob question of all...what is the purpose of the gas on/off switch? do i leave it on till i shut the motor down or let it run in the off position for a couple mins before killing engine??? Whenever my quad is going to be sitting for a while I will drain the carb by switching the gas off and letting the bike run until it dies. It just keeps the gas from congealing in the carb and causing more problems. I'll also throw some stabil in the tank if it's going to be sitting for a real long time. Usually though I just leave it on and make sure to run the bike every few days.

mdt75crazy
01-13-2010, 08:56 PM
makes sense thanks for the help.

06typeS
01-14-2010, 06:59 AM
anytime im not riding it, i have it in the off position

togup
01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
if you decide to take your tank or carb you use the switch to shut the fuel off so you dont create a mess or flammability hazard, there's also a bowl drain on the bottom of the carb BUT the best thing is to ride it not let it sit up and gum up the carb or worse drain the carb and risk the drying and cracking of your rubber diafram inside the carb

mdt75crazy
01-14-2010, 02:07 PM
ok thanks guys