PDA

View Full Version : wow fast

draygarcia
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
i finished my bike saturday thanks tnt thats what i think it was a blown head gasket i put that hc pistion wow my bike feels like a hole new monster loving it i happy with the way it running or will a programmer make a huge difference and any one know where maybe i can get a bigger injector or is the stock one best what everyone think

draygarcia
01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
o ya forgot anyone know where i can get a axle key to replace my axle mine is bent and i want to just put another stock one or stock length but i was wonder how i do that or if i need a that key or what

andiboy123
01-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by draygarcia
o ya forgot anyone know where i can get a axle key to replace my axle mine is bent and i want to just put another stock one or stock length but i was wonder how i do that or if i need a that key or what

i have an axel for sale so let me know, 46"

TNT
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Thats amazing you have a HC piston, pipe and it runs fine.....I would have thought your need the fuel controller. Id say if your happy with it leave well enough alone, there in NM that may change in the summer if so look at the controler. You don't need the bigger injector for just a pipe and HC piston. Try running some E-85 at the gas station it's 85% Ethonol then some 110 race fuel like V12 see if theres a noticeble difference if not run the E-85 it won't hurt anything and is $10 cheaper.

I guess that race map has more capibility then I thought, interesting!

You don't need a key for the axle, me son did it without you need help I'll PM you his # but he leaves tommorow night raceing so let me know.

The stock axle is over priced for what you get, RPM has the best deal on the solid and it's waranteed whereas stock IS NOT. Xcalibler is the other choice but it cost $100 more and thier HOLLOW axle weighs 18lbs 1 more than Dom 11/RPM. Don't let either talk you into a bearing carrier unless you look it over and think you need it. Motoworks said they had some free stock ones just pay shipping.

Hope that helps and glad you got er running....

draygarcia
01-13-2010, 09:18 PM
cool thanks i not going to do it now i do it next month and ya i hit you up if i need help and ya runs great dont pop or feel low on power or nothing at first it felt different but i think it cuz i not rode it for ever and i was wondering ok the book says to run synthetic 5w 40 right but i heard alot of people run rotila 15w 40 what you think is the best i have always took it to the dealer cuz they gave me the first year free but i took it for the first service and since then it was leaking and not running and all that thats why i started doing everything my self so what kind of oil do you run or what the best or maybe what you run tnt and i just running 90 octane in my bike see my buddy works for the yamaha shop here he help me rebuild it and he said cuz the elevation i can run that and that why it running good with out the programmer sorry long let me know what oil be best thanks

nvrpmx
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
If you want a stock axle we have alot of them here at motoworks and your welcome to have one free of charge just pay the shipping. You can reach me at 1-760-758-5560 just ask for the race team.

jlrenken
01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
are they the stock width or the wide one

blaster99
01-16-2010, 08:37 AM
TNT, It seems that you don't need a fuel controller on these quads until you do a ton of mods. I do not have a fuel controller on my ds, and it has the motoworks slip on, a CP 13.5:1 piston, and exhaust cam, and BCS porting. I also have the intake ring for the bigger filter sold from BCS. It runs awesome with just the pink wire cut. Also, for our production class, I just put the stock filter back on, and put the air box lid on, and it still runs great.

ZX11
01-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by blaster99
I also have the intake ring for the bigger filter sold from BCS. It runs awesome with just the pink wire cut. Also, for our production class, I just put the stock filter back on, and put the air box lid on, and it still runs great.

I would think that a stock filter with the airbox lid could flow less air than an aftermarket filter with the lid removed. I would figure that the lid off would be leaner than with the stock filter and lid on. This would make the tuning with the pink wire cut incorrect for one or the other setups.

That is unless the stock filter and airbox snorkle is a lot more efficient than people think. I know that street bikes flow more air at high rpm with the stock airbox in place.

Blizzard24
01-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by blaster99
TNT, It seems that you don't need a fuel controller on these quads until you do a ton of mods. I do not have a fuel controller on my ds, and it has the motoworks slip on, a CP 13.5:1 piston, and exhaust cam, and BCS porting. I also have the intake ring for the bigger filter sold from BCS. It runs awesome with just the pink wire cut. Also, for our production class, I just put the stock filter back on, and put the air box lid on, and it still runs great.

I'm not disagreeing with you but here is what I ran into.

Motoworks complete Exhaust, lid off, pink wire cut. 90* race and it was popping a lot on decelleration.

Added a Motoworks FMI and it runs perfect in all conditions now. No popping, fast starts (Dead Engine XC starts).

TNT
01-16-2010, 06:26 PM
A mystery indeed! Seems like Dray's case opened some eyes, blaster too. It may just depend on where you live and the ambient pressure/temp of air..........I am no rider so can't speak first had like my boy Trever says he noticed a big difference between PC 3 and 5, the tuning capability of either will surpass the pink race map......this system as an ability to adjust to altitude or pressure changes based on the amount of airflow to the MAP that will vary on every quad, but a tuner will optimize the fuel delivery to the input air.......A dyno tune uses the throttle position and oxygen content to determine a fuel MAP/program, the pink does not so you can see the difference.....Guess it boils down to precision and what level of performance you want and are willing to pay for.

blaster99
01-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Just something to think about.... When I run a moto with the air box lid off and BCS intake ring, it runs fine. I then go to put the air box lid on and stock filter. The first time I start it, it will stall if i rev it up like for a start, like it is extremely rich. Once you shut the quad off, and restart it, it runs just as good as when the intake is on and the lid is off. The ECU adjusts to the set up you have.

xrxmxcx
01-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Like blaster99 pointed out, when no fuel controller is added there is no reconfiguration of the mapping and no input. The pink wire modification does not affect the ecu and sensors ability to compensate for air and fuel differences. The ds's system is setup to adjust for these changes when the ecu/system is cycled by starting the ATV up, letting it run and collect input data, shutting the ATV off and letting the ecu power down (until the green nuetral light goes off) and them restarting the ATV. This is how it works to the best understanding I have, and it was explained to me by a BRP tech, and a regoinal aftersales service tech I spoke with. Nevertheless the ability to dyno tune with a pc/ etc is nice, for the average racer the race map is enough unless your running a complete race motor/cams/epoxied head/tb&injector, etc...

TNT in other words the stock ecu with the pink wire acts the same as a pc5, except it does not have the ability to adjust the map. It however does calibrate for external climate/fuel changes.

TNT
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Interesting well know we know the race map has some limited capability but still does not get away from Chris running lean same config. Explains why they put a race map in the ECU and gave buds some capability to adjust for altitude.

XRX what you were told sounds accurate. First sentence I think you meant output, the controller delivers an output pulse signal that changes the duration of spray based a MAP and programmed table stored in the controller. PC 5 "closed loop" w/more tables has autotunning capability the "open loop" stock ECU system does not keeping the quad dyno tuned no matter what level of mods you have on the track, which the ECU can not. I heard from my son HUGE difference in throttle response to the stock race map well worth the money AND compared to PC 3.

Race teams will be going to programmable ECU's soon thats how powerfull the capability it. I just explained all this or tried on my TNT thread if interested.