PDA

View Full Version : 400ex edelbrock carb..

da 400ex
01-13-2010, 07:01 PM
i have a 07 400ex with i really was thinking of gettin a edelbrock carb. but i dont wanna spend the money until i no if it will really wake it up.. this is what i have done to my bike.. white bros slip on, k&n air filter, stage 3 cam. 86mm wiseco piston bore, small port and polish, gearin 14/36, amr stage 2 rev box and dyno jet ket.. 170 main jet, and i wanted to get the carb but i wanna no what it will do first .. tell me what u guys think!

extremetrucker
01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
i built a 400ex for a guy once and used one, it performed awesome, i was really impressed by it, i dont know how it compares to a 450r carb, but it was close behind my fcr. i really liked it because they are unbelievably easy to tune, to me its worth it for that. hell im considering finding one for my crf as im so sick of messing with my damn fcr. however after reading the results of the 450r carb, for the money this seems like a nice upgrade, but with what experience i had with the edelbrock, i really liked it

mdt75crazy
01-19-2010, 01:09 AM
was lookin into edlebrock myself.suppose to give you 5-6 more hp depending on your bore according to the description i read about them. would be nice to know how these compare to 450 carb and how reliable they are before getting one. anyone tried them?

wdarryl
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Installed one on my TRX...had FMF porecore4/powerbomb,k&N,Aluminum airbox,sparks key...Installed in under an hour...fired right up with no adjustments...rode it wot was bang on...couple clicks for low end...and my quad pulls better...*** dyno says 3-4 hp...as for reliable...simple design...less adjustments...I like it.