PDA

View Full Version : is this worth my time?

rocky_mtn_honda
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/1550887621.html
i think i can get it for $500.00 maybe less, because they said right away they'd take $500.00 in the very first email. im still trying to squeeze more mechanical issues information out of them before i drive the 80 miles to go see it. what should i be looking for on the blaster...i know nothing about yamahas...lol but i think the wife would enjoy it. arent they known for rear caliper issues? anything else besides the obvious (frame, swinger, oil leaks, cracked cases, chain damage on cases) that i need to watch out for?
thanks guys

wingnut548
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
The rear disc slides from side to side not the caliper. I had one that run good but the rear brakes never worked very good I bought mine new in 2001. You will want to take off the oil injection system and install a block off kit in its place. Its not that they don't work its when they stop working you find out till just after the top end blows up. I really would suggest a banshee for several reason one is pure stance in width and length. The blaster is pretty short and narrow and not real stable at high speeds. Ihad given my wife mine and after she rode my banshee she wouldn't ride it anymore. You can get some conversion kits for the rear brakes and what not or you can convert them to banshee rear brakes but I really don't know what is involved in this. Hope this helps