PDA

View Full Version : ????'s about PRP frames

skyeryder
01-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I can't research this b/c it's only 3 letters. Anyways I was thinking that i read a post once that their frames were hard to find parts for is that true? Shouldn't they just use any aftmkt R a-arm or swinger?? Also if the frame is set up for a CR500 can you switch it back? Is it hard to find parts to rebuild a cr500 I'm guessing not. The reason is I just bought a 87' to use for XC and now this Johnny Gallager SR quad popped up and that seems like it would be a better base line to start with and use my motor and then sell mine as a roller??? there's always too many options!!

Rich250RRacer
01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by skyeryder
I can't research this b/c it's only 3 letters. Anyways I was thinking that i read a post once that their frames were hard to find parts for is that true? Shouldn't they just use any aftmkt R a-arm or swinger?? Also if the frame is set up for a CR500 can you switch it back? Is it hard to find parts to rebuild a cr500 I'm guessing not. The reason is I just bought a 87' to use for XC and now this Johnny Gallager SR quad popped up and that seems like it would be a better base line to start with and use my motor and then sell mine as a roller??? there's always too many options!!

The CR500 linkage parts are very easy to get, either in stock or Pivot Works. John Sr's quad is a Predator chassis, which is a Laeger copy. There's some more discussion on the PRP and Predator chassis in the original thread if you're interested. Sorry for the confusion.

skyeryder
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Alright I was just trying to get more info. it seems like this thing should have moved already, thanks

woodsracer144
01-13-2010, 06:55 PM
you can run any set up, its a OE replacement, its not like a LOBO chassis where you run just he roll arms,

if you would like i have a prp with a no link, rear shock just rebuilt for xc and never rode on it, once i got it back my motor went and havnt rode since cause of school, pm me if you want more info...

Rich250RRacer
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
you can run any set up, its a OE replacement, its not like a LOBO chassis where you run just he roll arms,

It's not really an OE replacement. It is a narrow chassis, so the correct a-arms are needed, and it's a CR500 link so I don't think a stock type shock will mount up.

woodsracer144
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
It's not really an OE replacement. It is a narrow chassis, so the correct a-arms are needed, and it's a CR500 link so I don't think a stock type shock will mount up.

i ment name brand... not swingers and stuff... like with a lsr chassis you could use herrman, houser, lonestar leager gibson... all those a-arms...

same with swingers... as long as it would be a cr500 link swinger...