PDA

View Full Version : 400ex fuel filter

rippin416
01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, I have been thinking about installing an inline fuel filter on my ex. I looked at one on rocky mountain atv's website and it seems for the most part the reviews are positive, but some are mixed. First of all, i would like the added protection so my float needle doesnt stick open and drip gas, but i dont want to starve my carb of fuel either. I really doubt it will snce the fuel line is 1/4" and the jet orfaces are so much smaller, but i am not sure. Second, some people say the heat might warp the filter, since it is mounted close to the cylinder. My quad is bored over to a 416 so the cylinder gets extra hot. Any input would be helpful!

06typeS
01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
If your that worried about it, just get a filtered nozel for your gas can and problem solved.

Honestly we run these things through the mud, creeks, sand etc and they keep on going. I wouldn't worry about an inline filter to much

sc400ex_rider
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
theres a filter in the tank built into the petcock. if you want to filter your gas and filter it again 2" later go for it.

slightlybent47
01-13-2010, 03:18 PM
There is also one in the fuel line where it conects to the carb. down inside the inlet tube.