PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Help !? Again !

liljhall09
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Well ive started to put my rear end on and already ran into problems. I put the JB swinger on , then put the top shock mount bolt in and let it hang. Next i moved onto the linkage where i put the herman link to the frame then connected it to the other part of linkage to the swinger. Next is putting the bottom shock bolt into the linkage and i come to notice it doesnt line up ? I checked the bottom of the shock and it is facing the right way. So then i try stock linkage to see if it would work and it lined up fine with the shock. So does this mean that the shock is prob not built for the herman link or what ?

ds268
01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
How far off is it mis aligned? I know with my GTT link it was off as well (about half bolt hole dia.) and a pain to install. I backed the spring pressure off most the way which allowed slight compression to help with the hole alignment.

liljhall09
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
well its about a half hole too , i tried pulling up the swingam to compress the shock and i could almost stick the bolt in it. But that was the closest i got to lining the holes up

ds268
01-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I got the left side to line up then used a thin punch to line the right side up to slide the bolt through. Easier said than done. Taking the spring pressue off definitely helps.

liljhall09
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
well ive come to the conclusion that the herman link doesnt work , so i put the stock link on it and finished putting everything else on and sat it on the ground. The ride height is really high which im sure i could adjust but i dont wanna do that if it isnt for the stock link

MX450
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
ill bet the link and shock are for an 06+ swinger, are you positive they are for the 05?

eastside 400
01-17-2010, 08:55 AM
looks like you just found out why buying everything used doesnt always work out. my guess is either the shock or the swingarm are not what you were told, the herrmann link only works on 04-05 bikes i know that for sure. your swingarm might be an 06 link setup or the shock isnt meant for any of it.