PDA

View Full Version : Oregon dunes closure meetings.....

04redyfz450
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Ok, I know that not everybody on here rides in Oregon, but this can happen to anyone who loves to enjoy their riding areas. There is a meeting on January 23rd 2010, 8:30 a.m. @ Honeyman State Park in the big yurt: Will be held a U.S. Forest Service meeting about dune CLOSURES!!! For more info on this move please see www.dune********.com search "Legislation for ALL Oregon Dunes" or rhinoforums.net search "Oregon Dunes affected by 10-C Management Plan" and "Oregon Riders, Beware" We all need to let our voices be heard and avoid our riding areas from being shut down. We all need to come together to keep this from happening. Lets help save our riding areas. I just received this information today.....

aDviSol2y
01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
WTF? Seriously? You know how many people ride on these dunes? Hundreds of thousands. You know what that does for the local economy? If you can't ride, all the local busineses will close. I don't think a few tree huggers are going to close these dunes. It does sound like they are going to put up fences in certain areas. (all the good riding spots) Who wants to ride on flat open area? The trees and hill climbs (banshee hill) are the best spots. This fing sucks!

indy rider
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm out in Indiana, but if you get a mass letter to your congressman or a petition going, I'll put my name on it. Most likely several have already been started, I'll check on a few other forums.