PDA

View Full Version : motocross training? need some help

DGR Designs
01-21-2003, 01:00 PM
hey guys what should i be doin to get ready for the season? starts march 30th. all i have ais a bicycle and my own feet but we have a small gym at school (can't use it tho cause im not old enuff) but i think i can get access to one. what are some problems im gon ahve racing that training could possibley help out and or reduce the impart of these problems? andybody got a routine? i plan on using protein powder again like i used to when i was training for mountain bike racing. but i know im gonna get arm pump and stuff. any tips on fighting the problems and perhaps gaining some endurance?
~Dave - im on AIM too guys, Stylin400EX
lata

bansheerider_13
01-21-2003, 01:58 PM
well the bes thing to do is to ride ride ride and when ur done doing that ride some more and o yea riding can help but for real riding is the besthing 2 get u in shpae for racing and do some running but if u can ride nonstop do that time ur self try riding for 20 min as fast as you can if ur doing mx and work from there

Nausty
01-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DGR Designs
hey guys what should i be doin to get ready for the season? starts march 30th. all i have ais a bicycle and my own feet but we have a small gym at school (can't use it tho cause im not old enuff) but i think i can get access to one. what are some problems im gon ahve racing that training could possibley help out and or reduce the impart of these problems? andybody got a routine? i plan on using protein powder again like i used to when i was training for mountain bike racing. but i know im gonna get arm pump and stuff. any tips on fighting the problems and perhaps gaining some endurance?
~Dave - im on AIM too guys, Stylin400EX
lata

theres a big thread with a ton of links on training for motorcross you might wanna do a search.

The way i deal with arm pump is I take a asprin before each race, eat something small before and after the races. I try to be smooth as possible which you should be anyways because most of the time its faster than always trying to muscle it around. Learn which jumps you can stand up in the air on so that you don't have to let off or work to hard to stand up while your driving into the face of the jumps. To stay healthy the best thing to do is eat healthy food and drink lots of water. Don't drink alcohol either. I don't worry about the aeroibic exercises to much because i'm usually never winded in a race. Other than that weight lifting and stretching. When you weight lift try to build your muscles for endurence by doing lots of reps of smaller weights. Try to loosen up where your racing and not get to nervous.