PDA

View Full Version : Dynos on the Yoshi full system..

QuadJunkies
01-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Soes anyone have any info on the Dynos on the full system on the 300ex? I have a slip on rt now, any one know the over all gains on the system?Dos the header make THAt much dif ?? Thanks.. Tina;)

96300ex
01-21-2003, 07:29 PM
i'm not gonna say i'm an expert on this, but all i know is that my big gun set up is the fastest 300 around here... all with just filter, exhaust, and a few carb mods. as for buying the full system or not.... before i was running a gutted stock muffler with a mutilated cherry bomb in it... when i switched over to the big gun header and pipe it made a big difference, that being on top of the huge kick in the rear that home-built sleeper muffler gave me. I'd venture to say that the header would make a noticable difference, especially the Jet-Hot coated Big Gun header... if you can afford it;)

fast330ex
01-21-2003, 07:40 PM
A WHITE BROTHERS PRO MAG PUTS OUT 8HP WITH A K&N POWER KIT AND A YOSHIMURA FULL SYSTEM WILL NOT TOUCH A WHITE BROTHERS

2002 300EX
RENTHAL BARS
dg BUMER
WB PRO MAG
K&N POWER KIT
WB NERFS
MW HOLESHOTS

96300ex
01-21-2003, 07:44 PM
just when i though you've said the stupidest thing ever you keep talkin'!:rolleyes:

yoshi not touch white bros??? lol, i don't think so... not to mention that yoshi sounds 10x better than white bros. And i'm not even a big fan of yoshi exhaust:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 96300ex
just when i though you've said the stupidest thing ever you keep talkin'!:rolleyes:

yoshi not touch white bros??? lol, i don't think so... not to mention that yoshi sounds 10x better than white bros. And i'm not even a big fan of yoshi exhaust:rolleyes: Yup// I have to agree with ya on this one..I personally am not a huge fan of WB ..JMO I like what the Yoshi has to offer, I can compare to our 400ex and the full system to a few others when at the dunes and when overall power gains were needed in climbing, Ours did the best out of the WB and the FMF on the 400ex.. But I dont know much about full systems on the 300.I want to stick with my Yoshi;) she sounds good too!:blah

Buzzsaw
01-22-2003, 10:16 AM
I now this my 300 with the full yoshi system would rip. I really can not say how much difference it is over stock. i never had a stock pipe, but i now it made a big difference over the DG pipe it had when i bought it. But with the yoshi full system and a 316 kit it puts out 23hp thats 10 over stock.

QuadJunkies
01-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
I now this my 300 with the full yoshi system would rip. I really can not say how much difference it is over stock. i never had a stock pipe, but i now it made a big difference over the DG pipe it had when i bought it. But with the yoshi full system and a 316 kit it puts out 23hp thats 10 over stock. Buzz.do you know if the header can be purchased separate from the slip on? I know the 400 we did ,I guess I should just give them a call to find out for sure, I was just curiuos about some of the members here or if any even had a full system on there 300ex.;)

fast330ex
01-22-2003, 08:54 PM
read the dyno charts then you would wish you had a white brothers

02 Red Rider
01-22-2003, 09:05 PM
QJ my experience is with the 400 also. I would definately give Yoshi a call and talk with them about their offerings. I have a name and number somewhere around here. I'll drop you a line tommorrow if I can find it tonight.

Buzzsaw
01-23-2003, 11:45 AM
fast330ex what does the WB's dyno at on a 300

QuadJunkies
01-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 02 Red Rider
QJ my experience is with the 400 also. I would definately give Yoshi a call and talk with them about their offerings. I have a name and number somewhere around here. I'll drop you a line tommorrow if I can find it tonight. I actually havethe number and have talked to a fw of the guys including Pete who helped us get the header forthe full system on the 400. Personally, I dont care for the guys there(jerks:grr ) but I guess they will have all the info Ill need for the header.. Thanks..;)

Andrew400ex
01-23-2003, 12:00 PM
fast330ex is a stupid rookie..my friend had a 99 with a full yosh and k&n power kit,he'll tell ya it didnt give him 8hp..8hp is close to adding another half of the 300s stock hp on to it,aint happening..

as for the yosh header,i'd say the best part of yoshimura's exhaust is the headers,real wide in diameter. and i dunno if the do it for the 300ex,but when i had a yosh on my 400 it was designed so u could use the stock heat shield. i think u'll feel a lil more top end with the headers..go for it,it defintetly wouldnt hurt:)

UglyMotha™
01-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by fast330ex
A WHITE BROTHERS PRO MAG PUTS OUT 8HP WITH A K&N POWER KIT AND A YOSHIMURA FULL SYSTEM WILL NOT TOUCH A WHITE BROTHERS

2002 300EX
RENTHAL BARS
dg BUMER
WB PRO MAG
K&N POWER KIT
WB NERFS
MW HOLESHOTS

it's pro meg not mag and if you go to you user cp you can put your signature there so it'll automatically put it in every time instead of you typing it in each post :p

Buzzsaw
01-23-2003, 12:34 PM
here is a pipe shootout for the 400ex and shows the horse power with each pipe just remember stock 400 has 26hp.

http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961