PDA

View Full Version : good and bads of hybrids??

honda4life72
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
i've been tossing around the idea of geting a hybrid. but i really dont know anything about them at all. fill me in please 400ex with crf450 motor. wat clases can i race. buts the ups and downs?

QuadRacer041
01-14-2010, 05:55 AM
I think the frame is way too weak for that project. I would stick with a hybrid that has an aftermarket chromemoly chassis.

tayyo789
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
you can use a 400 frame, you just need to know where its weak points are and strengthen them. in my eyes the biggest advantage of having a hybrid is that you have something that you cant buy from the dealer, and is something that is unique and a reflection of yourself. they are a lot of work and it is an accomplishment to have completed a nice hybrid. and of course they usually have a power advantage over the rest of the production bikes that everybody is obssessed with.
you can make a hybrid excel in any area you desire. you can give it the best of both worlds so to speak. take a good handling frame, and give it a ton of power. you dont have to compromise one for the other.
im not an mx rider, so i dont know about what class restrictions exist, but im guessing as long as you are in the displacement range allowed you should be able to race with production bikes

kodymx13
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
nothing bad about a hybrid!! yes they may take alittle work to get working right, and creativity with parts (thats what these forums are here for HELP) a 400ex frame is a great base they handle very well. a few gussets and throw the motor in and your ready to rock. although you can NEVER go wrong with an aftermarket crf or yz frame.