PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever POR15 a-arms?

bbender85
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
just bought a brand new '07 LTR, and i want the frame and a-arms to be black... but with the stock arms not having replacable ball joints, i can't powdercoat them without cutting the balljoints off and fabbing in aftermarket ones after they're PC'd. so i thought i would try POR15, since it is said to approach PC toughness.

anyone have experience using it in this application? how does it hold up?

ccdhowell
01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I used POR15 on a frame and swingarm one time, had good results. You have to follow the procedures closely when you put it on, but once on, it's not coming off.

bradley300
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
do a search, for some reason I remember there being a real good thread about por15 a few years ago

extremetrucker
01-14-2010, 04:22 PM
por 15 is very good stuff, however you should still paint it afterwards as it has zero uv resistance, i did the frame on my dump trailer with it, and while knowing that figured it would be ok, because the only time it sees sunlight is when i dump once or twice a day, within a month it went from shiny black to a matte finish with almost a chalky residue, however, none of the rust came back, and the parts where the cross member sof the dump box sits, it is hardly worn off. its hard! its really good stuff, i just recommend painting it for the uv resitance. also, i used por 15 on one side and chassis saver on the other, with identical results, chassis saver is a little cheaper though.

just my .02