PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

seabeebuggy
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
If your not wanting the power at least service the front variator on it, that is the main problem with a power loss on these bikes..Chris

Also it was said to remove 2 rollers from the front. I would like more info on this.??

LT80
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Some like removing the rollers, some don't.
It may help with a higher stall speed but may reduce top end speed.

I'm guesing that Chris is mentioning that ppl don't service the front clutchs enough, which tends to cause problems that equall out to poor performance. :D

seabeebuggy
01-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks LT. All I want to do is get the best set up for the sand. with out costing more than a arm.

Whit I am looking at is Longer a-arm and rear arm kit.
Perhaps a new pipe?? Is it worth the money?

I was going to change the reed, and perhaps cut the head down .010 . and re gear for the sand. My girl is about 60 lbs

My kids are not racing. Am i on the right path or do I need to look at other mods.

LT80
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I'd recommend::
Shaving the head .030, lightening the rear clutch shoes to 180 grams, remove the 2 rollers.
Suspension is a great idea but no matter what Texiera (sp) says, I cannot recommend the rear end spacer plates. If your not going to buy shocks, I'd just buy wheel spacers.
I think that is more than enough to start with for your rider.
I'd stick with the stock gearing and pipe.
Reed: change them or not, your call. They aren't that big of deal for a stock motor.

seabeebuggy
01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
ok sounds great. I was going to get shocks looking at the outlaw 90 shocks for my a-arms and will get a good quality rear shock. not sure how it will help if i dont use the plate? will a better shock vive more travel alone? Has anyone tried to weld a support from the plate to the front pivot point. To add strengh to the plates? I love to fab up new stuff all the time. But I dont want the engine case to bust.
Thank you

LT80
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
A works shock will make the best of the travel available.

I hope the Texiera ppl don't think I have a issue with them.
I have seen many broke cases and that's without extending.
Bottom line is,, land on one rear wheel and the cases are going to bust. Stock or extended, good shock or stock.
The Texiera package may be the best thing out there.
No I've not tested them, nor have I heard/read of any results anywhere. I would like to hear from ppl that bought the set-up.