View Full Version : Terrorist rights

ridered11
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/11/virginia.seal.case/index.html

This kind of stuff just makes me sick. They burn our contractors, drag them through the streets, and hang them from a bridge but when one of our SEALS punch one in the stomach all hell breaks loose.

Pipeless416
01-12-2010, 09:29 AM
that is some BS! :mad:

destey
People here will hate me but.. Rush Limbaugh was right if you want instant rights of citizenship try blowing up an airline

csr250r
Thats BS man! They better not give them SEALS any charges, those guys they punched deserved to be hung.

KXRida
01-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I hope they're not serious. Respect our SEALS and let them have their way with the terrorist.

Ichoptop
01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
There isnt enough details to make a judgement. Was the guy who got hit restrained, was he resisting detention or was he attacking the SEALS?

The guy is innocent until proven guilty and if the US is going to charge him with a crime then he should be offered all the rights of a criminal. If he is proven to have participated in the killing of these contractors then we should find a short rope and a tall tree.

on the other hand...I can understand the SEALS giving someone a beat down. Thier job is very stressfull and who knows the horrid things they have seen and done. But, they are supposedly the best of the best so they are held to a higher standard right or not.

feuerstack411
01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
The guy is an enemy of the state, who gives a **** if a SEAL punches him. Hell, he should be awarded. America is going backwards. America is getting *****ified everyday.

06typeS
01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
They want them to do the dirty work, but if word gets out then they procescute them for what they were instrcuted to do.

I would like to see how some of the justice department would act if they were put in their situation. These guys are out there defending our freedom, and protecting us so that we can sleep peacefully at night and here we are seeing if we are going to end their careers and give them jail time.

:mad:

We don't train seals as diplomats, we train them to take care of situations that absolutely suck. Want somebody to watch over the prisoner send an MP to do the job not a seal.

F-16Guy
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
The guy is innocent until proven guilty and if the US is going to charge him with a crime then he should be offered all the rights of a criminal.
Wrong. He is an unlawful enemy combatant, not a criminal. Therefore, he is not entitled to any protections under the U.S. Contitution, only protections under Geneva Convention.

440racer66
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
i wish we would pull out and leave them with a few nukes. problem solved. i hate iraq and wish we would remove our troops they have been fighting in the middle east for ages and will never stop unless we kill em all and let god sort them out. our boys are going over there to be tried in court and potentially ruin the rest of there lives for one little slip up when the insurgents have no rules. the gloves need to come off in this fight we spend too much over there allready and i think we have plenty of high powered explosives laying aroung collecting dust.
flame me all you want I HATE THE MIDDLE EAST.

F-16Guy
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
i wish we would pull out and leave them with a few nukes. problem solved. i hate iraq and wish we would remove our troops they have been fighting in the middle east for ages and will never stop unless we kill em all and let god sort them out. our boys are going over there to be tried in court and potentially ruin the rest of there lives for one little slip up when the insurgents have no rules. the gloves need to come off in this fight we spend too much over there allready and i think we have plenty of high powered explosives laying aroung collecting dust.
flame me all you want I HATE THE MIDDLE EAST.
My knee-jerk reaction is to agree with you, but I have to think that there are so many good, innocent people there who want nothing to do with what the extremist sect wants. They want to raise their families and live their lives just like you and I. Unfortunately, this isn't a conventional war with uniformed adversaries that we can engage, so we have to conduct it in a way that is as effective as possible while minimizing the death and suffering of innocent people who just want to live their lives. There's obviously going to be some collateral damage, but to kill without discretion makes us the bad guys.

destey
01-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Sorry bro this just isn't how you treat people that are out there spilling their blood for your continued freedom.

Originally posted by Ichoptop
There isnt enough details to make a judgement. Was the guy who got hit restrained, was he resisting detention or was he attacking the SEALS?

The guy is innocent until proven guilty and if the US is going to charge him with a crime then he should be offered all the rights of a criminal. If he is proven to have participated in the killing of these contractors then we should find a short rope and a tall tree.

on the other hand...I can understand the SEALS giving someone a beat down. Thier job is very stressfull and who knows the horrid things they have seen and done. But, they are supposedly the best of the best so they are held to a higher standard right or not.