PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy

400exc
01-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Me and some friends are going there this upcoming summer. We are planning on going to the Rockhouse Trail System. What kind of riding is on this? Should I take my Rincon or DS450 for this riding? Any info would help. Thanks

Wildbrain
01-13-2010, 02:07 AM
You can bring whatever you want to ride on. Just make sure it is in tip top shape or you will be wrenching in the parking lot.

Check all your bearings and stuff like that. Also maybe be prepared to fix a tire unless you got all 6 plys. Lots of GREAT riding there.

Also be sure to bring any spare parts you might have laying around because the dealers there don't stock lots of that stuff.

I ride both my sport quad and a Rincon there and have fun on either one. Not alot of mud holes , more rocky stuff with lots of elevation change.

Enjoy...............

croat1
01-15-2010, 12:17 AM
take them both. i went last summer and had a great time (i rode a trx250r). basically like wayne national forest but better. great that you can leave the trails on your quad and ride into the local towns to get gas and food. all the trails are marked very well. some are marked something like 4x4 only with recommended winch. the extreme trails that i was on can be a little tough on a 2 stroke especially because i got cought in a rain storm on some very rocky uphills.

where do you normally ride at? i'm at wayne usually every other weekend. usually just me on a 250r and my bud on a raptor.

goldfish
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Me and a friend were just there this past thanksgiving weekend at rockhouse. Here's a link to some of the videos i took while there via helmetcam. They should give you a decent idea of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMJfII9_hx8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQyQMjAOI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4QuLcMxG40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKdYB3cWoFI

As someone said before, not alot of big mud pits. Although it was VERY wet when we were there so there were puddles everywhere.

400exc
01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
I ride just around local places, and we went down to Wayne 2 times this past summer. I do remember a 250r and raptor, but who knows if it was you. haha

LT80
01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Been a cpl years since I was there, but I had a blast on My 250R. I went on any trail w/o problem.
5th gear WOT at times..I'd say the DS. :)

z400bs
01-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Hatfield McCoy has some really nice riding. I here alot of people saying the 4x4 is the way to go there but i think its how you plan on riding. Id bring both so because you could run into some nice mudholes and some pretty sweet hillclimbs. And everybody has an atv up there so it would be fine sitting on the trailer.

trailhouseowner
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
<b>If you need help or additional information on the trails, just let us know. We have lived in Gilbert most of our lives. We know all the ins and outs.

We are the first lodging establishment for the Hatfield McCoy Trails. Our experience of dealing with trailriders has given us a wealth of knowledge. We would be happy to help you plan a trip to wild, wonderful WV!

Lisa and Marty
<a href="http://www.browningforktrailhouse.com" target="_blank">Browning Fork Trailhouse</a>
304 784-7433
lbucha8150@aol.com</b>

z400bs
01-25-2010, 10:56 AM
yeah talk to them. ha. The people that live there know all the trails and even stuff not on hatfield

gen3usa
02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
hey marty and lisa, miss you guys

we did our gen3usa club ride out there, stayed at marty and lisa place, which might i add is top notch and you can ride out from their place to the trail, the trails are well labeled and its great being able to ride the trails in town vs the highway. there is alot of water when the season gives it out, the trails are kept very nice.
you will enjoy them and can travel most of them with any machine.

trailhouseowner
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by gen3usa
hey marty and lisa, miss you guys

we did our gen3usa club ride out there, stayed at marty and lisa place, which might i add is top notch and you can ride out from their place to the trail, the trails are well labeled and its great being able to ride the trails in town vs the highway. there is alot of water when the season gives it out, the trails are kept very nice.
you will enjoy them and can travel most of them with any machine.

Hey, how are you? You had a unique group-people from all over the US. We are glad that you had a good time. Hopefully, your group will plan another trip to our area sometime. We appreciate the good words!!

Lisa and Marty
304 784-7433

gen3usa
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
hey guys, im good and been real busy, this years annual ride will be at the sand dunes of saint anthony's but i have a ton of guys asking me to come back out your way, which you know we will be staying with you fine folks again, tip back some more spirits and burn a few logs! hope 2010 is a good one for you all, any news on the connector trail?
tom

trailhouseowner
02-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Tom, the HM trail authority is currently working on the Rockhouse/ Buffalo Mtn. connector. Not sure when it will be done, though.

Hopefully, it will be soon!