PDA

View Full Version : Brakes problem

jesshamner
01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
I used to do Endos every now and then. Not too often but a few. I forgot about doing them for a while then one day I tried it again and my brakes faded and I couldn't even get the back wheels off the ground when I leaned all the way forward. So obviously there is something wrong with my brakes. What could it be...and is it the endos that are screwing them up? If so I am finished with the endos.

TRX_Thumper
01-21-2003, 12:17 PM
naw the endos isn hurting anything...u probably need new brake pads and lines bled

01-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TRX_Thumper
naw the endos isn hurting anything...u probably need new brake pads and lines bled

I agree....order some stainless brake lines and you'll never have brake fade again...:eek:

Sparks425Ex
01-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines will do the Trick. They don;t stretch like stock rubber ones do.

Less Stretch=More Power to the brake.

Less power is being wasted by stretching the Brake lines.

cdalejef
01-21-2003, 01:54 PM
And some fresh DOT4 or DOT5 brake fluid!

Sparks425Ex
01-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
And some fresh DOT4 or DOT5 brake fluid!

On a stock 400Ex is says use only DOT$ brake fluid.

Would it hurt them any to use DOT 5. I have steel braied brake lines if that matters any.

cdalejef
01-21-2003, 02:20 PM
No it won't hurt at all. I've been running it for years!

jesshamner
01-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get the steel braided brake lines? I get an employee discount at my Honda shop but they can't get some aftermarket things. I might have to order from another place.

cdalejef
01-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey Jess, were do you ride at? Your just right across the river from me!

Colby@C&DRacing
01-21-2003, 05:40 PM
You can run DOT 5 fluid judt make sure all of the dot 3 or 4 is all out of the system. The DOT 5 fluid is made from different material and can not be mixed with the other two.

TRX_Thumper
01-21-2003, 06:57 PM
whats a good way of goin about changing your brake fluid? i know you could attach a hose to the bleeder on the caliper and pump the lever but would that get it all out?

Colby@C&DRacing
01-21-2003, 06:59 PM
I use a vaccum bleed to suck all the fluid out and them put in the new and bleed the system with the vaccum pump again it is easy and fast.

TRX_Thumper
01-21-2003, 07:03 PM
where could i buy one of those and how much do they usually cost?

jesshamner
01-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey Jeff@QuadShop: My friends and I usually ride right on the river. Only a select few can ride there b/c it is private property. If you wanna ride sometime, I could hook you up. The land isn't too large but it has some of the best hills I have ever seen. None of these pictures on here are like anything down there. These hill are for nuts. I won't go up all of them and even the craziest riders I know won't go up all of them. A lot of times we go to Spurgeon which is near Evansville. Where do you ride?

jesshamner
01-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Are there any how to's to changing the brake lines? I am not exactly a mechanic but I love work and learn how to work on my machine.

Quadfather
01-21-2003, 08:55 PM
It's real easy. Take out banjo bolts and crush washers. Route the lines where you want them. Replace lines, banjo bolts and crush washers, fill rezzies with fresh fluid, and bleed brakes, making sure you keep plenty of fluid in the rezzies. It's very easy to do.

I got my front lines for $84, and my rear for $44. There is no comparison to stock lines vs stainless lines.