PDA

View Full Version : Is It True ?

badA$$440EX
01-21-2003, 11:22 AM
For a while now I've been getting closer to becoming a "racer" and well while im at the races back in the pits I see guys that are smoking Marijuana... and I've always heard that freestyle rides and motocrosser do this alot i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or well will anyone admit to it ? thats the question ? Im sure as **** not gonna say im against it im for anything that makes you feel better while your ridin ? thanks for the imput

MSL
01-21-2003, 11:32 AM
I dont think its a good idea to be under the influence of any drugs or booze when racing.

R-Crazy
01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
i agree w/ MSL. anyone doin drugs has something wrong upstairs. i can be faster clean.
"SAY NO TO DRUGS":D

dave

MxDale71
01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Man, thats just plain stupid. I'm not going to sit here and tell people not to smoke weed, because I don't give a f#ck if you do or not. BUT... If I see you spark a bowl or light up a joint before a race, and I'm supposed to be riding at the same time as you... you WILL hear from the track owner. I am by no means a rat, or a nark, but I take racing seriously and if someone else wants to put me in danger by being an idiot, I'm gonna make sure that guy isn't going to be racing against me. Leave your drug and weed habits off of the track if you're racing.

P.S. Bad*****440ex - I wasn't saying "you" as to be directing it to you. I'm just saying anyone in general.

TRX_Thumper
01-21-2003, 12:25 PM
i notice it at every race i go to and the potsmokers never finish good! i mean common its not gonna make u faster....the crackheads always are caught up in a wreck

01-21-2003, 12:32 PM
I know lots of dirtbike guys that get stoned outa there mind before races and they actually do good and win races..but no thanks..I need all the smarts i can to race...:devil Now after a race..I'll drink 3 beers before most guys get there helmets off that are in my class..:eek: :devil

SlapNutz
01-21-2003, 12:34 PM
who plays real good golf and he smokes the stuff that smells funny, but it probably not a good idea for most

NTPRacing#19
01-21-2003, 12:49 PM
ok i dont care if you do or dont smoke but like MXdale said i wouldnt wanna be out on the track at the same time as that guy.

now i have smoked say about an hour before i went out and rode one time bymyself but friends were watchin me do jumps and when i was commin down i was more relaxed and didnt think twice about doing any jumps.

i really think it was stupid to do anyway after i think about it, and it wont ever happen again cause now i have to much pride and love for this sport to just go out and smoke and then get in a serious crash and be a vegetable the rest of my life and not be able to do what i love.

MrP
01-21-2003, 12:52 PM
MxDale71- I agree with you. If someone thinks they are going to be stoned out of their mind (and me know it) and race with me there crazy.

bad*****440EX- Im all about going faster, but to say your all for anything that makes you feel better riding (meaning smoking weed) is just crazy.

badA$$440EX
01-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey everyone ... Im not one of the guys that does smoke weed before i ride ... and im not really for it.. i didnt mean to say faster but if your more comfortable then im for it ... i've rode with people that do it all the time and ill admit thier just as good as me when thier stoned

Nausty
01-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by MrP
MxDale71- I agree with you. If someone thinks they are going to be stoned out of their mind (and me know it) and race with me there crazy.

bad*****440EX- Im all about going faster, but to say your all for anything that makes you feel better riding (meaning smoking weed) is just crazy.

I could care less about them smoking weed but I dunno if i'd wanna be racing with them but its not near as bad as drinking before a race imo.

QuadTrix6
01-21-2003, 04:19 PM
weed is a downer drug and slows down your reaction time, why would you want that to race ? thats just dangerous :grr the idiots who do that are the ones bringing our sport down, i would not wanna be on the track with someone under the influence just the thought is plain ridiculous :macho

wheeltrax
01-21-2003, 06:34 PM
sounds like a quick way to end up in a wheelchair

macblaster
01-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MSL
I dont think its a good idea to be under the influence of any drugs or booze when racing.

MxDale71
01-21-2003, 09:13 PM

knighttime2
01-21-2003, 11:27 PM
if someone is "f'd up or "under the influence" in a way to screw them up, it will play out itself. Dont concern yourself with things u cant control. Dont look for so-called flaws in other people, concentrate on improving yourself the best u can.

beerock
01-22-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm not sayin any names but youd be pretty surprised at who does that sort of thing beofre a race.

I won't do it racing, I have done it while trail riding and I actually ride a bit faster. It depends on what mood I am in.

I think its definately crazy to do it racing, but like I said youd be very surprised who is doin it. :eek:

MxDale71
01-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by knighttime2
if someone is "f'd up or "under the influence" in a way to screw them up, it will play out itself. Dont concern yourself with things u cant control. Dont look for so-called flaws in other people, concentrate on improving yourself the best u can.

Ok, lets pretend someone that is f'd up is behind you leaving the gates and your coming up to the first corner, and he reacts to slow and hits the brakes to late and just barrels into the side of you and your quad. Now I know your thinking... pile ups happen all the time in the first corner, but they usually happen when people bump each other, not when they are hauling ***** and T-bone you. THAT is exactly why I can't stand people that do that stuff before a race.

I may not be able to control it, but I sure as **** can keep someone off the track if I see them doing it.

Sorry, but I get really pissed off at anyone that brings quad racing down, and people that do drugs before a race, DO bring quad racing down.

fmf300ex23
01-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Well Well Well, lets see here, just to all you guys out in these forums, if yall race nationals and role up next to me on the gate HIGH and think your going to race with me i will give you the @$$ beating of your lifetime not just for me but for the other 18 riders on the gate, this is the dumbest crap ive ever heard, i like to think this is just a "DIRTBIKER" thing, our reputation needs to be more people worried about doing what they love (racing) not make it an excuse to go smoke weed and feel good about yourself, this sport is already dangerous enough as you all know about the tragic deaths over the year, this forum write up is a discrace to those families who lost their loved ones and i think this is complete B/S............just my two cents

p.s. i have plenty of friends that smoke weed and i know what it does to them.

Drew

MrP
01-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I couldnt agree more!

MxDale71
01-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Right on!

Ryan
01-22-2003, 03:00 PM
The guys you will most likley see smoking up is just the local guys...

I talked to Jon about this before and he told me that all of the riders he knows doesn't smoke pot or anything. These guys are trying to stay into the best shape of their life and smoking up before a race sures he11 isn't gonna help you. There are ton of people these days that smoke weed but we can't really do anything about this. You might see some guys out their getting blazed before a race, report them if you think it will endanger your health or anyone elses. Your might see plenty of Amature racers out who might be smoking weed but those are usually the guys who end up getting nowhere.

Besides, Weed is to expensive, the rate im going I need all the money I can get my paws on :D .