PDA

View Full Version : Ipod help

Scro
01-11-2010, 07:01 AM
I recently got a Nano for Christmas. I've got a friend that's had one for a while, and has a CD player in his truck that will accept the USB cable to play the Ipod in his truck. When he does have it plugged up, you can't scroll through the playlist to choose songs. He has to either unplug the ipod, or shuffle the songs and use the CD player to change songs. I want to be able to scroll the menu of the ipod, and choose my songs while I still have it plugged up.

I've got the adapter now that plays through the radio, but it doesn't sound very good...like you are listening to the radio. What are my other options?

stuntin andy
01-11-2010, 08:07 AM
nothing my sister has a 09 for focus and it syncs the ipod to her ca and you have 2 randomly isen to the songs you cant choose them ea there. i think its a safety thing. but i have one like the radio one you have where i can change it threw the ipod but it dosent go loud.

416exfreak
01-11-2010, 08:23 AM
try adjusting the EQ on the ipod, and as for being able to switch songs with it plugged up, idk.

My 1st gen nano can be played with while going down the road, but all my friends newer ones have to be unplugged.

I think its a safety thing to keep you from messing with it while youre driving.

Scro
01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
try adjusting the EQ on the ipod, and as for being able to switch songs with it plugged up, idk.

My 1st gen nano can be played with while going down the road, but all my friends newer ones have to be unplugged.

I think its a safety thing to keep you from messing with it while youre driving.

Yeah, I did mess with the EQ and got it sounding a little better. But, it's still got that static that you normally hear from the radio. With it hooked up directly, it sounds like a normal CD.

CannondaleRider
01-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Don't use an iPod Aux cable into your deck. Buddy of mine has his setup that way.. have to scroll through songs ON the deck. Nice idea, but a complete pain. Way more distracting then just using the iPod itself.

Instead, use a 3.5mm Headphone Jack Aux cable. Allows you to use your iPod for selection, while still sounding good. Another buddy of mine has his system setup that way....... The way I will set mine up in my truck. Good enough for the girls I date...

Scro
01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider

Instead, use a 3.5mm Headphone Jack Aux cable. Allows you to use your iPod for selection, while still sounding good. Another buddy of mine has his system setup that way....... The way I will set mine up in my truck. Good enough for the girls I date...

Does that cable plug into the AUX input on the back of CD players?

feuerstack411
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
The AM/FM transmitters are junk, don't waste your time if you're after sound quality. Just go buy a headunit with an AUX cable and plug your ipod in via the AUX cable.

kfx400rider03
01-11-2010, 10:20 AM
you need a aux port. there is a wire with 2 end that are the same both are head phone ends one plugs into your head phone jack on ur ipod other plugs in to the radio. if u have a casset playir in ur car u can buy a simular thing like this at walmart. its a casset with a wire and u just put it in the casset player and plug the wire into your head fone jack on ur ipod

Sjorge450R
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I use an AUX with my Kenwood H/U in my Dakota. Sounds great. I have heard nothing but bad things from those iPod ready radios with the ipod cord.

Exrider434
01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Does that cable plug into the AUX input on the back of CD players?

yes it does, then you should be able to select aux as your input on the radio and then it will allow you to do whatever on the ipod, thats how mine is set up and i love it

Scro
01-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
yes it does, then you should be able to select aux as your input on the radio and then it will allow you to do whatever on the ipod, thats how mine is set up and i love it

Sounds like this is the way to go...thanks.