PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of my EX

bkelley
01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
My quad has came a long way in the past few months, so I decided to make a little slide show of the progress I have made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYGqCvH6U1M

I also gotta say thanks to all you guys, and girl(s), here. You have helped me out a lot during this whole process.

IRISH-RACER-14
01-11-2010, 09:14 AM
looks like u got that sweet bumper. u made the right choice. sweet 400ex

Honda#4
01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Quad looks good, keep it up.

The parts list will only get worse.

bkelley
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
looks like u got that sweet bumper. u made the right choice. sweet 400ex Yeah thanks, man. I'm really happy with the bumper. Exactly the look I was going for.

Originally posted by Honda#4
Quad looks good, keep it up.

The parts list will only get worse. Haha, yeah. My mom was talking about all the money I have put into it yesterday. My dad said, "Well, it could be worse. He could be spending all his money on crack." She couldn't really argue with that.

IRISH-RACER-14
01-11-2010, 12:24 PM
i hope u dont mind bkelly but my 400ex is gona look similar to yours lol.well the bumper and shocks part lol

wrekd
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Looks good man. keep it up.

tbrackman84
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
i think that bumper is freakin bad a**, what kind of camera did you take the pictures with???

bkelley
01-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Just some normal point and shoot cameras. The better looking ones were taken with a 12.2 MP FujiFilm Finepix J38 and the others with an old 3.2 MP Cannon Powershot.

Rscarpantonio
01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
hey did you use that ceramic coating on the header pipe that you buy from auto zone? i was thinking about getting some and read that you have to put it in the oven and all? did you do that and hows it holding up?

KISSmyACE
01-11-2010, 03:56 PM
looks good, definitely come a long way. the hubs look good red, I just noticed those. it's the little details! lol

bkelley
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Rscarpantonio
hey did you use that ceramic coating on the header pipe that you buy from auto zone? i was thinking about getting some and read that you have to put it in the oven and all? did you do that and hows it holding up? I just used a can of high temp spray paint that I got from Home Depot. It's rated for 1200 degrees. It's made for engine parts, BBQs, etc. It's been about 10 hours of riding time since I painted it and so far it's holding up great.

And thanks, ACE. I can't wait to throw some black wheels on, too. Then they'll look really good.

KISSmyACE
01-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
I just used a can of high temp spray paint that I got from Home Depot. It's rated for 1200 degrees. It's made for engine parts, BBQs, etc. It's been about 10 hours of riding time since I painted it and so far it's holding up great.

And thanks, ACE. I can't wait to throw some black wheels on, too. Then they'll look really good.

Yep! then it'll look like mine!! ;) lol

Rscarpantonio
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
yea i jsut did mine today becasue i had nothing else to do and am letting it dry. didint want to put it in the oven figured it would sjut bake on when im riding it. sweet video btw man forgot it in the first comment. ive been thining bout getting the 450r shocks latly, do you have to cut them like you did in your video to fit? if so jsut the tops or what
thanks

bkelley
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
Yep! then it'll look like mine!! ;) lol Well luckily that's exactly what I'm going for haha. I actually don't think I've ever seen your EX.

Originally posted by Rscarpantonio
yea i jsut did mine today becasue i had nothing else to do and am letting it dry. didint want to put it in the oven figured it would sjut bake on when im riding it. sweet video btw man forgot it in the first comment. ive been thining bout getting the 450r shocks latly, do you have to cut them like you did in your video to fit? if so jsut the tops or what
thanks They eyes on the KFX shocks are thicker than the TRX ones. That's why I had to trim them. If you get TRX shocks all you have to do is knock off the nut on the frame that your plastics bolt to.

KISSmyACE
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
Well luckily that's exactly what I'm going for haha. I actually don't think I've ever seen your EX.
They eyes on the KFX shocks are thicker than the TRX ones. That's why I had to trim them. If you get TRX shocks all you have to do is knock off the nut on the frame that your plastics bolt to.

I think you have, not sure. there have been pics posted here and there.

page 96 of the "Show your EX" thread. right above your pics.

bkelley
01-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
I think you have, not sure. there have been pics posted here and there.

page 96 of the "Show your EX" thread. right above your pics. Well that's slightly ironic. I do remember seeing it now.

Pipeless416
01-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
i think that bumper is freakin bad a**, what kind of camera did you take the pictures with???

yea i love that bumper! where can i get one just like it!?

bkelley
01-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
yea i love that bumper! where can i get one just like it!? Sorry, it's one of a kind. Took me three years to make.

coreyownz
01-12-2010, 06:08 PM
hey when you took off your header did you buy new gasket weres it meets the jug? i wanna paint mine to clean up the look your 400 is nice one of my favorites not all out but clean

TRX01
01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
im a big fan of fan black wheels on a red EX too

bkelley
01-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I think it looks awesome. What wheels do you have on the front?

TRX01
01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
they were polished ITP ams front wheels......and yes thats not a typo ITP ams..........my dad sand blasted and glass beated them and then he powder coated em

IRISH-RACER-14
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
black on a red honda is the sex!:devil: