PDA

View Full Version : ktm 450sx not starting need help

shadd_27
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
i just purchased a 2009 450sx from arizona i live in ohio

they had to unplug wires and drain all fluids to ship it and it seems to have everything hooked up correctly now its getting spark and fuel kill switch is hooked in run switch is in on position and key is on

when i hit the start button nothing happens so i tried hitting both terminals on the solenoid to see if it would turn over at all and it does but wont start i tested polarity of all wires and they come back ok im not sure if i have a main ground problem or what

it also has a aftermarket mapping switch ran into it for higher rpms and headlight unplugged and the guy i got it from also made a closed circuit for the nuetral safety switch

looking for any ideas on where to go from there or where i can get a wiring diagram for the quad to know exactly what im looking at.

im thinking of taking off the stock start button with light switch and engine stop/run switch and running it direct for starting only dont need the lights and stuff

please help im stumped

FW_cArBoN
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
check your tps. We've had a few issues with this getting bumped outta wack.

Jay

patrickj75
01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Also check the idle. If its turned up too high it won't start either.

shadd_27
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
my major problem is that when i hit the start button nothing happens
i ordered the tear-down rebuild cd so i can get complete wire diagram it will be here tomorrow im gonna completely disable the lights and on off switch to just have starter button and then hopefully i can find where it is not sending power