PDA

View Full Version : 2010 AMA MX May be on TV cable live

TNT
01-10-2010, 06:48 PM
A 50/50 TV Shot
For AMA-ATV MX

It's in the works, behind the scenes, confidential and all that. It's not a certainty, but, at this time, there's a 50/50 chance that TV coverage will return to the AMA ATV Motocross Championship Series in 2010.

The ATVRE Media Group has learned from sources that a coalition of interested parties are in the process of putting together a TV package which will broadcast six rounds of this year's national motocross season. These shows are slated to air on regional cable sports networks.

Two major OEMs have expressed a vested interest in being a part of the sponsorship package and the national promoter's group has given the venture their blessings.

Production ideas are being explored which will present each episode in "Real Time" over the course of a weekend ATV national motocross event, much like the format of the hit FOX show "24". Cameras would follow select Pro, Amateur and Youth racers, their race teams, and the races, depicting the drama of ATV racing and the interrelation between these parties both on and off the track.

With programs running thirty minutes in length, they are projected to be very fast paced, exciting and reality based episodes which will showcase ATV motocross racing in a manner which has never been done before.

Our sources tell us that they hope to have the details worked out and all the platforms and participants in line by the time the Indy Show rolls around in Mid-February of this year.

As things move forward, the ATVRE Media Group will keep you posted on how this exciting aspect of the 2010 season unfolds.

By David Screws
Publisher / ATVRE Media Group

Just like the ol WPSA days.....:D

honda400ex2003
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
it looks to be on again this coming weekend in phoenix on speed so i guess it could work out. I wish the ATV guys could get some publicity on tv like the mx guys, it would help out the sport big time. lol. steve

TrapZ400
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
I just got that news letter today.

I was so happy when I read it! This is what we need! If it is done right it should open up many doors for atv racing.

TrapZ400
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I wonder what two OEMs? My guess would be Can-Am and Suzuki.

ryan243
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
sweeet

CADWELL
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
As a HUGE ATV Racer and racing fan, I hope this comes through so bad!!!

DEVINF450R
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I have wondered for so long why ATV MX has not gotten as big as snowcross with the sleds. Snowcross is kind of hard to follow b/c its hard to see the difficulty in the terrain in snow. I think the Bombsquad effort in the xgames will bring some of the sled guys to our sport as well. we will just have to see how it goes. It would be awesome. You have no idea how many ppl think I race flattrack when they hear I race ATV's. Then when i tell them I race mx, they are like "you can actually jump those things?"

LTMFB
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
It would be GREAT to see this on TV and a reality show is probably the way to get it known and out there, and much needed justice for those that spend EVERYTHING to keep it alive!

WIll be sure to tune in for more!

LTMFB
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
....double post!

LTMFB
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
It would be GREAT to see ATV MX get more coverage. Much needed justice to those that give EVERYTHING to keep it alive. A reality type show of the hardships involved w/racing would be a great introduction. My wife will watch ANYTHING reality.......

Will stay tuned for more!!!

martnmx288
01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Hearing this makes me all kinds of warm and fuzzy! I sure hope it comes through!

TNT
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
“and the national promoter's group has given the venture their blessings.”

little more than a “blessing” from these guy’s might not hurt, try putting some $ up! U know if it’s a success these guys will be 1st in-line for the $.

I hope they do a bikini contest like WPSA did, throw some hot model babes in the mix that’l get the tv rating’s up! Sure got the boy's at the races in a uproar! lol! ...watch out SPEED here we come!!!:muscle: :macho :p

zyoung04
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
i would like to see this as well......i happened to be a big dirt late model fan and the DLM are getting a lil tv time now days in requard to this the sprint car get all kinds of tv time like 4 or 5 live shows a year to where the DLM get maybe 1 or 2 and they dont show everything when they are live......what im getting at it is the bikes get all the praise like the sprinters do and the guys like us the ATV and DLM rider racers and fans would like to see their sport get a lil recognition hopefully this pans out and it will help the sport grow.....nothing against the bikes or sprints i love watching them im just more into atvs and dlms