PDA

View Full Version : NEw to the LTR, was a yfz guy

THORrider350
01-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I am looking for a couple things if anyone can help. looking for a bumper that is similar to the GYTR one for yfz its wide and skinny in a way. also looking for an exhaust for hill climbing, low end power, deep and throaty.. lemme know what you guys think. Thanks for the help in advance.

ATVMX33
01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
for exhaust i would check out dasa

atveric132
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM
i have a dg national front bumper powdercoated black for sale. also have a yosh rs-5 titanium not even 20hrs on it just repacked.
$50 for the bumper and $500 for the exhaust. my email is atveric123@yahoo.com if interested

miles Machine
01-10-2010, 11:03 PM
look at pro armor national 2 front bumper it looks like the gytr

kfx400rider03
01-11-2010, 11:43 AM
definetly would get a dasa pipe tey sound amazing and perform realy good. but if u have a low bugget right just do the cherry bomb with the air box lid removed and baffle out realy wakes up the quad

Jim417mx
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
If you dont mind me asking, what made you switch? I rode a yamaha 450 for 2 years, and what a piece of crap, I never even felt safe on it, something was always breaking or cracking ( 3 sets of motor mounts, drove to redbud 2 hours and it puffed white smoke, got home and it was fine, stripped exhaust studs, 3 batterys (finally got a kickstart) 2 swingarms, chain wacked my motor cracked the cases, coil threads stripping out, bought a used motor.. clutch spring broke, then the top end went. Then I bought my buddys built motor which he sold to me CHEAP because of a blown head gasket.. and man did it haul.. but a week later it wouldnt shift right, wouldnt get out of 2nd.. then I bent like 8 stock tie rods, blew out a rear shock, frame cracked twice, i have a whole list but I wont continue.

Soooooooooooooooo .. I picked up an '07 ltr450 in spring of 2009, and raced 2 nationals, as well as probly 25 local races, and TONS of practice laps, and all I did was bend the stock axle and rear rims. ( just did a complete rebuild on it with powdercoating the frame and a whole new front end and suspension, basically everything for mx , .. put the thing back together and it fired right up. They are a little harder working on than the yamahas but I'm never going back to yamaha.

As for exhaust, motoworks is one of the best out there for the money. Dasa has a lot of issues with the mounts cracking and the packing not lasting too long... yet they are awesome exhausts.

THORrider350
01-12-2010, 06:59 AM
truely reading your post reminds me so much of my yamaha. went throught 2 top ends, 1 complete rebuild, 2 swing arms, 1 axle, countless pieces that just add way up.. i traded it to a guy who really wanted mine. it was right after i dumped some $$ into it but i didnt care anymore.. i traded him an xbox 360 and my 07 yfz and a 100 dollar best buy gift card and he gave me a 1998 dodge dakota and a 06 ltr that had just had a fresh top end put in a month ago. i think i made out on the deal, quad seems to be fine so far.

2muchquad
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
be careful with the 06s,they needed some kind of update on the shifter shaft or can break cases,its on the web.I guess everybody has a horror story of some sort with every brand but the yfz were/are pretty bullet proof when PROPERLY maintained.every brand has issues though

Jim417mx
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
06-08 ltr's need that shift bracket relocator, and I laugh when you say yfz's are bullet proof... HAHA ya right, I have had ZERO problems with my suzuki in a YEAR besides a bent stock axle and bent stock rims from big jumps. Believe me, I know how to properly maintain my quads, and my yamaha broke something EVERY time I rode it, but if you insist they are bullet proof, go ahead and keep riding, you'll hate your yamaha further down the road.

2muchquad
01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
no i own a honda:D but i do ride with guys with yamahas and they seem to hold up good.the valve train seems to be better than average as well.like i said every brand has issues from time to time.My z440 has been bullet proof so far and i run the crap out of it from mx to trail riding,it really is tough:)

RosquistRacer39
01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I also came off a yamaha and have to say I had the same problems on mine as well. As far as mx I think the ltr is built to handle it much better. And the quality just seems much better on the ltr. All ltrs need the relocator bracket. Like stated I run mine with the cherry bomb and the spark arrestor out and it does just fine. But if you go the pipe route I would go with motoworks as well, that company seems to have there stuff together and if you have problems they will make it right. Heck they are giving away stock ds axles for free if you pay the shipping.

f4iracer
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
My yamaha is kicking arse and it's done some hard trails. Nothing has ever broke or bent on it. It's funny that you guys had problems everytime you took yours out but i haven't had one single issue and it's seen it's fair share of trails.

Mine is a 2004, now.....it did have the oil mod and also a waterpump mod done on it shortly after it was purchased. Since then, it runs good as new though!

Maybe i got a good one!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/rschaef83/IMG_0232.jpg

tt racer
03-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I had a yfz 450 no probs with mine i did install the kick starter to avoid possible battery probs. I raced the heck outa it and never had a issue with it. And yes i ride hard and fast but i maintain my stuff before every ride. Im sure something would have broke before too long but it was flawless in 2 yrs of abuse.