PDA

View Full Version : Walsh vs JB

LT-R450 131
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
What would be a better set up?? Walsh flow A-arms and savior swing arm, or JB pro series A-arms with walsh hiem joint tie rods and superlink swingarm?

I know they are both amazing but is there anyone who has tired both?

Thanks

eastside 400
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
not sure if this is 100% but i believe walsh has discontinued the savior, they make the new EZ linkage system though which is better since it does not hang as low... My race bike has the JB proseries and superlink setup with fox's and i love it.. I have riden walsh a-arms but havent been on a walsh swingarm yet, from what ive gathered from my friends who have the walsh rear is that it feels pretty much the same as the superlink, its all on what brand you wanna go with. JB is cheaper so. i also dont think it would really be worth the money to go with the heim end tie rods, they are nice and all but everyone i talked to who used them says that they dont feel a difference

staakej
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I was told with a savior linkage you lose all your progression making more like a no link rear end. But Ive never rode on one. JB super link is very nice. I found out it was devloped buy gt thunder so if you rode a gt link it well prob feel the same just have more travel.

LT-R450 131
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Awesome thanks! I get a discount on walsh so it will be the same price. So that being said how did you like the walsh a arms you did ride? Or is the walsh and jb more like the same

eastside 400
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
the walsh and JB felt the same to me, both with fox shocks. The GT thunder links are no where near the same, the gtt link is a single piece that uses stock mount locations, they suck IMO along with all other single piece links.

staakej
01-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I was just sayings it's compariable they use same technology. The gt thunder link makes the best out of the stock swingarm and stock shock. and its only 250 for link and revalve. The GT is a damn nice link for 250 comparied to over 2 grand for another set up

gofast#626
01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
The new jb a-arms are a copy of the walsh flow arms. The only thing different is the top a arm but the bottom and shock numbers are the same. Run all walsh with the ez link since you get a deal. There both the same stuff basically. So whatever you feel you want to spend.