PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to set the timing tnt maybe you know

draygarcia
01-10-2010, 10:36 AM
ok i just put a hc pistion in and everything but i not sure how to the the timing my service manaul says i need two tools but i cant find them on the net anyone know how i can get a set or how i time it without them and can anyone tell me what stroke is the compression one or the other one i need help bad thanks i cant find it anywhere else i keep looking but i can figure it out

BSTURDIVANT
01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
There's a bolt on the front left of the crankcase with a copper washer- remove the bolt and rotate the engine until the slot in the crankshaft lines up with the hole. Make a TDC locater pin from a longer bolt ( grind to a semi-point on the end) and screw into the slot at the crank to lock TDC.
Rotate the cams until the ( EX---) (---IN) marks line up as close as possible toward each other with all slack taken up wth tensioner!

Make sure you torque your head properly before timing cams!
Use a 90 degree adapter on the inside nuts- torque to 44Ft.lbs,
8mm bolts to 20ft.lbs---These numbers give the best holding power for the gasket!

draygarcia
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
thanks i got it with out and i torqued everything down i have a service manaul so it helped alot it running good got to break it in put a hc in it so far feels like a hole new bike