PDA

View Full Version : need some carb troubleshooting tips

Mud Goat
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
i just got a yamaha big bear. it wnt run, i am 99% sure it's in the carb becasue the kid i got it from and me cleaned it and it ran. then it sat for a month and now it wnt start again. Just to be on the safe side are there any ways of cheching to make sure it IS the carb before i go to all the trouble to remove it again? I know a few tricks but just wondering if you guys had any ideas

riggsracin
01-10-2010, 11:15 AM
bring it to me ill rebuild ur carb or clean it the right way for 35 bucks in labor if u want it rebuilt just add parts and i wont charge no extra, rebuild kit is around 30

matts27
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
If you got spark and can crank it, probably the carb like you said. That ethanol gas evaporates quick and gums up nasty. Try cracking the bowl drain and getting some fuel into the bowl. If you still get no fuel the needles stuck and can try tapping the bowl but if it's stuck closed chances are it will get stuck open next. I would just try flushing the bowl a couple times but my luck has never been good, sounds like it's gonna have to come off. Good luck

Mud Goat
01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
yeah i had to take it off, and the gas in the jets and bowl had turned to what looked like a yellow slushy:confused: but i got it runnin now the hrottle cable broke and i them are worth thier weight in gold apparantly because denniskirk and rocky mountain atv dnt carry them