PDA

View Full Version : shocks: with piggyback reservoirs vs. without

tbrackman84
01-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm looking at buying a set of Ohlins front shocks fro my quad locally, i think they were on a 250r previously. Idont think that they have piggyback reservoirs, does that mean they're not very good or whats the deal with that, i have no idea and i figure you guys will know... thanks

fearlessfred
01-10-2010, 09:40 AM
the ohlins with out external rezzy should have a internal one there is a sealed piston at top of the shock that seperates the oil from the nitrogen theres alot of these out there that came off the cannondale quads . they work pretty good but if your gonna race the external rezzy shocks will run cooler with less fade and longer oil life. I have sold a couple of sets of these for 100.00 a set

tbrackman84
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
what od you hitnk about works fron shocks without rezzies? are they any good or better than the ohlins, im pretty sure these ohlin are kindaold, iknwo theyre not yelow or gold like they are now...

fearlessfred
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
there not the ones i was talking about than. I perfer remote rezzy, but im an old fatass that pounds the crap out of my bike .what kind riding do how much do weight what are your goals as far as how good do you wanna be i had a pair of piggy back ohlins in 89 and they had gold bodys and yellow springs back than i dont know what your looking at i would look for a on deal on this site