PDA

View Full Version : anyone use dexcool on their machine?

jcs003
01-10-2010, 04:21 AM
as stated in title...i hear this stuff is similiar to the expensive stuff. i.e. engine ice...this is what my cadillac recommends so it must be fine in my r.

anyone have other opinions?

250rPRIDE
01-10-2010, 07:18 AM
i wouldnt run it.. first thing i do in any vehicle i buy is drain that junk out, and put regular antifreeze in it.. it is know for breaking down and turning into like a gel after time, and you cant mix it with other types of coolant. after i had a certified gm tech of over 30 years tell me all this i never would put this into a 250r..

why do you need something different, are you running hot do you have a big bore? i have never had a well tuned 250r over heat. mabe you should get a better rad. that would help..

jcs003
01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
i have one im about to get started and have a jug of it and considered using it. but now that you tell me this i will just get the regular stuff. thanks.

deathman53
01-10-2010, 07:31 AM
I use Evans npg,- +, r. Its a water-less coolant. I'm using in one of my dirtbikes now and when coolant needs to be changed in the others, thats what coolant will get put in. Its $36 gallon. Its the same as zip-tie, but half the price.

250rPRIDE
01-10-2010, 07:48 AM
yeah man just use regular coolant.. prestone or something. make sure you delute it, if its "full protection" if its premixed already dump it in and RIDE. you dont need anything special for 40 bucks a gal!! think about what they had in the mid 80's when these atv's were made!!! they never had any cooling issue's back then.
just my opinion and trying to save ya a buck or two..

goodluck on the start up. let us know how she rips

brokenmike
01-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I use the Toyota red antifreeze. I never had a problem.