PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis IRazr's

bullet225ho
01-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Hey folks,

Anybody have any experiance with the Maxxis I-Razr's?

Have a buddy that says his cousin thinks they are the poop. I need to get a new set of rears for one of the 87's and looking into these.

Would be mostly XC and MX riding.

Thanks for the response

skyeryder
01-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Great tire for xc type riding, excellent traction, they are kinda soft so they do wear alittle quicker than a razr tire

RyanWsly
01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Never have owned a pair, but from what I've read they are the about like stock 501 tires, looking into a pair myself, like the 501's, just don't like the fact that they are always wounded, I-Razrs are 6ply, but more expensive.

badquad
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I had them on my 400EX. They had great traction, little heavy. I think I would shave some knobs down, cause when I hooked them up on the 400 the front would come up a lot I used them in all conditions (trails, dirt, sand, dunes, grass, rock ) no mud.

I have the Razr IMX's on my 250R, and they hook up nice, even on the ice. I have not had much riding time on them on the sand or trails yet.

400EXSTUDMUFFIN
01-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I have ran them for many years running XC and a little MX they are a strong tire...Never had a flat.

I love them in the mud and dirt..They seem to slide a little in the corners and i love that as well fits my riding style..

You will be happy with them I also turn them around and run them backwards after i wear the front side of the knobs off a little

Seems to help as the tire gets a little older.

BTW i dont really like the fronts...My XC combo has always been Razr 2 Fronts and I Razr rears.