PDA

View Full Version : buying a DS450X XC

Diesel101
01-09-2010, 09:01 AM
so I found a good deal on a DS450X XC, and I'm gonna make it happen.

BUT I DO HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS...

1) I heard about a frame reinforcement kit?? whats the deal, and where can I find it???

2) What exactly does the factory racer ECM do? anyone have the specs?

3)I heard the 2009's had a lot LESS problems, is that true?

thanks for the help guys!

Blizzard24
01-09-2010, 09:15 AM
if you get the racer package the frame reinforcement kit is in the kit.

the race ecu eliminates the limp mode and causes the fan to come on much earlier

the 09's did address a lot of the 08 bugs.

Diesel101
01-09-2010, 09:37 AM
ok, so this 09'X xc has the factory racer ECM (it might have the whole kit, the guy said he did the factory racer program?),

Also has the motoworks dual fan kit

he said the factory racer kit came with the ECM, and a motoworks pipe??? I don't really know much about that kit, but that would be cool if it came with the frame reinforcement.

does the ECM add more power?

fullthrottle247
01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
when I first bought my 09 ds450xc it was all stock while i was waiting for the parts can am gave me and once i rode it with the pipe and ecu it was like a whole different quad. it felt like it had twice as much power than when it was stock. its well worth it

Diesel101
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
sweet, I would have wanted to put that stuff on anyway, but so far this seems to be a lucky find...

is there anything I should ask the owner before i buy it? other than the obvious???????

I'm buying it on paypal, which i've never used before, so I figured if I ask the important questions like
"is the frame cracked?"
"is there any damage on or to the bike that i should know about?"
"Is the engine case cracked?"

just basic things to show that when I get the bike it should be in good shape, and if he's trying to screw me, I may be ale to get my money back/ return it

Diesel101
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM
ok so the guy said when he bought the bike it came with the ECM and Pipe... but it he never said anything about the frame reinforcement kit...

does anyone know how much they are or could it be something that he didn't know about?

LTRracer4
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
www.BCSperformance.com ;)

Diesel101
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
thanks man, i appreciate it

fullthrottle247
01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
if you do buy it the first thing i would do is theres a bolt that goes from the belly skid plate up thru a part of the frame right in front of the oil talk...make sure to put some lock tight on that bolt and check it every now and then. my bolt actually broke and we replaced it but never put lock tight on it which caused it to come loose and my frame would twist causing it to break i replaced my frame myself about 5 months ago and have raced it really hard this winter mx and xc and have yet to crack my frame...just a suggestion to save you a headache

Diesel101
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
thanks a lot again, anything like that i really value.