PDA

View Full Version : limp mode question

draygarcia
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
ok say your bike goes into limp mode ride dont you just have to let it cool down and then you can ride it again or what to you have to do if it goes to limp mode does the engine light come on to and flash and then stay on anyone know

5852jake
01-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Ya I just let mine cool down when it happened. Make sure your radiator is clean. I usually flip mine up on the grab bar and spray the radiator from the back side. A lot of crap came out the first time I did it.

draygarcia
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
ok i was not sure if that or you had to take it bac to the shop or how that worked

450Rida
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
i had to take mine into the shop to get reset. when it goes into limp the check engine light will be on and the quad will only run at a low percent jus enough to "limp" back to where your going. so yes you do hav to take it in.

maconu
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
this was a problem on the 2008 DS450. I have been in limp mode many times in races last year which REALLY sucks. After the bike cools down it should run fine. Mine always did / does.

If it is not running fine after it cools you may be over heating for other reasons.

good luck. I've been hoping that BRP would consider this a recall so you could send you ecu in to get reprogrammed. That is all it takes.

Going into limp mode at the bottom of a jump is a little scary.

bomberman
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
other reasons it could go in limp mode is because the coolant is low etc.

ds450xracer
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Take your front plastcis off and take it to your dealer and they should reflash it for you for like $20. Thats what i did, or get the race ecm from the racer program, the check engine light comes on but it wont go into limp mode.

bomberman
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
^^^^ thats what i did. Flashed the ECU.

HOBS DS450
01-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by maconu
this was a problem on the 2008 DS450. I have been in limp mode many times in races last year which REALLY sucks. After the bike cools down it should run fine. Mine always did / does.

If it is not running fine after it cools you may be over heating for other reasons.

good luck. I've been hoping that BRP would consider this a recall so you could send you ecu in to get reprogrammed. That is all it takes.

Going into limp mode at the bottom of a jump is a little scary.

Wow! He's alive.
I can vouch for Mac going into Limp mode quite a few times this past year. I've never experianced it but its probably cause I'm slow, lol. I was hoping to get the race ECU with the support program but will have to wait till I can pick up a 09 or 10 now. You can have your dealer do the re-flash though. I'll probably go down that road myself. I think mine told me 40 bucks to do it?