PDA

View Full Version : Z400 wont return oil back to tank

staakej
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
got an 05 Z400 fill the tank started the motor let it run for a min went to check the oil and the tanks bone dry but Had 2 qts in the motor. checked both line and there both free took the oil pump out all seems to be in working order there dosnt seem to be any blockage any where the only idea i have left is to split the case and see if the screen on the sump is block thats the only idea I have left just wondering if any one else has had this problem

cataway
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
i would do a pressure test before i'd take anything more apart BTY it holds 2.3 qt of oil

staakej
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
well I ended up splitting the cases and the screen on the sump was compleatly plugged the bike had just had a top put on it before I got it id say someone put a topend on without cleaning out the shavings from the bottom of the motor

cataway
01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
shavings? what kind of shavings? there most of been some pretty good reasons to replace the top end to have shavings.
is there as well strange things in the oil filter .?

z400suzuki
05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
do you have any idea where those shavings could have came from? because the last 4 to 5 oil changes i have done the filters have been full of shavings that are pretty good sized, i have had the head and jug off and neither showed signs of wear?