PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco Pistons

NoFrillz
01-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey I had asked about piston choices and stuff around here and heard that Wiseco wasn't the top on the list. and was told to go possibly JE 10.5:1 or Ross 10.5:1
Now being as I live in Canada...... I went to my honda dealer and they said they couldn't get a Ross or JE piston for me because they were american pistons, I think Wiseco was like the only piston manufacturer they could get for me.
Now if I HAVE to (because I'll get screwed at the border shipping across) would wiseco be that bad to go with. (11:1)

Sparks425Ex
01-21-2003, 05:36 AM
If they can get you Wiseco then they can get you JE I would imagine. Wiseco just bought out JE meaning they have somthing to do with each other now.

If they can get Wiseco they can prolly get JE too. They just are lazy and don't wanna take the time.

If i was you I would try to get Ross. They are great.

02 Red Rider
01-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Sorry but Wiseco did not buy out JE, they are 2 seperate companies owned by the same parent company and it's been that way for many years.

Alot of people are running Wiseco pistons without a problem. Some people just like the Ross and JE better for various reasons, but I have never had a problem with a Wiseco and neither have my friends that have them.

trx400ex
01-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah most people run wiseco pistons, that is why you hear of problems more, they are the most popular piston, so if 1 out of every 1000 pistons is bad from each manufacturer then wiseco is going to have more bad raps then the other guys, I am putting a wiseco in mine and it looks like a well made piston.

Predator36
01-21-2003, 03:58 PM
My preferance

1. Wiseco
2. JE
3. Ross

Nothing wrong with the Ross piston that I listed it last. I am just to lazy to hand gap all the rings from them and because of it only use them as a last resort. Wiseco I listed as number 1 since their price is the best if they have what I need.

Quadracer5
01-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I've never had a problem with a wiseco piston. I've ran them in every bike I had. Haven't had one of their 4-stroke pistons yet, but i'm sure they are just as good.

Kyle