PDA

View Full Version : 450 issues KTM/Can-Am

Diesel101
01-08-2010, 08:26 AM
OK, so i read a post the other day saying that the KTM450xc actually had more "problems" than the DS450???? what the hell is going on??? has anyone heard this stuff yet?

I'm can-am loyal, ms DS650X is the most amazing reliable bike i've been on...
the reason I'm tempted to go to KTM instead being they still have a Carb. not EFI.... i'll take a carb anyday over EFI and programmers

aside from fuel delivery, what problems have you guys heard about with the KTM? (i know this is the can-am forum)

bmerriman12
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
i have a ktm 450xc and theres no major problems with it. its just little things that are wrong with them that you can fix very easily. like tighten all the bolts down when you get it and use loctite on them. the steering stem bushing goes bad quickly so you have to put a zerk fitting in housing. the battery is designed for a 50cc quad so you have to get a bigger battery or go dual battery setup. the swingarm will get water in it when you go to powerwash it or hose it off because there are no seals at the swingarm bolts....just little stuff like that. no major problems you have to worry about.

riggsracin
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
y dont people put a zerk fitting on the swing arm housing where the bolt is