PDA

View Full Version : Well it finally happened...

exrider12
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
My xbox 360 quit on me.. Got the red rings. Microsoft wants $100 to fix it. If any one wants it its an elite 120gb. Mint shape just needs to be sent to microsoft. Also have a few games.

I have 3 controllers, all the cords, original box and everything. $150 obo? I really dont know what to price it at.

Call of Duty MW2 got a few weeks ago. $42 shipped

Mx Vs. Atv reflex. Played very little $42 shipped

Nhl 09 - $32 shipped

Halo 3- $32 shipped

mx vs atv untamed- $32 shipped

A few more just ask. Pm if your interested. Thanks

ZeroLogic
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll give you 175 with all the games.

yellowzo3
01-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I just searched online for 2 minutes and the 2009 elite holiday bundle is $300. You're asking $150 for a broken one and then its another $100 to fix it... That's $250 plus all the waiting and trouble you have to go through...and no games. Wtf man lol better reconsider that price. :p

extremeblastr
01-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
I just searched online for 2 minutes and the 2009 elite holiday bundle is $300. You're asking $150 for a broken one and then its another $100 to fix it... That's $250 plus all the waiting and trouble you have to go through...and no games. Wtf man lol better reconsider that price. :p

better get back to searching because with tax, shipping (all the holiday bundles are no longer offered in store), an extra controller, and xbl 3 month card and the 4 games you can't get with a holiday bundle your looking more in the 600 range to buy all that new

yellowzo3
01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
better get back to searching because with tax, shipping (all the holiday bundles are no longer offered in store), an extra controller, and xbl 3 month card and the 4 games you can't get with a holiday bundle your looking more in the 600 range to buy all that new

He's selling all of the games separate. A controller is like $35... and if you buy things on amazon you get free shipping anyway. And bottom line is- his is broken. You still have to ship it to Microsoft yourself and deal with that crap.

And someone just bought this elite holiday bundle for $273 on ebay brand new:

Ebay Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Elite-Holiday-Bundle-120-GB-Hard-Drive_W0QQitemZ140372483554QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVide o_Games?hash=item20aeda1de2)

extremeblastr
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
He's selling all of the games separate. A controller is like $35... and if you buy things on amazon you get free shipping anyway. And bottom line is- his is broken. You still have to ship it to Microsoft yourself and deal with that crap.

And someone just bought this elite holiday bundle for $273 on ebay brand new:

Ebay Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Elite-Holiday-Bundle-120-GB-Hard-Drive_W0QQitemZ140372483554QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVide o_Games?hash=item20aeda1de2)

buy on ebay all you want but be forewarned that if microsoft can prove you did so they do not have to honor their warranty and i'm sure you could work something out with him for games, his price is right on par though i recently sold 3 different elites with no games no extra controllers and one in need of a disk drive for 250-260, oh and a microsoft controller in the package from an actual retailer is 49.99. as for shipping to microsoft and dealing with that crap what crap might you be talking about? you grab your credit/debit card call them up file a claim pay the 109.99 and in a month you have a working xbox.

yellowzo3
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
So if you buy a brand new in the box elite on ebay, Microsoft won't honor the warranty? WTF MICROSOFT. Well its still brand new. And there's no warranty on the one in this thread anyway.

I'd just rather buy a brand new one I guess. Ours had the infamous red ring happen as well and I just wouldn't voluntarily go through it again when I could have a brand new one for slightly more and not have to wait. If he did some kind of package deal with the games it would be better.

If he's going to leave that price at least include COD and Mx vs. ATV. He would then be closer to the holiday bundle package in total price.

BTW man please update that avatar lol... Make it a Yankees World Series champs or something... it is a depressing picture to look at ahaha

kfx400rider03
01-07-2010, 09:39 PM
happened to my friends xbox.. he fixed it tho. he read if you take all the plastics off of it and wap it in a towl so it over heats it will get rid of the red ring. not to sure f u have to take all the plastics off try just wrapping a towl around it with the plastics on first, worth a try

ZeroLogic
01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Mine got the red lights a week after our one year warranty expired. I nicely explained to a few mangers that my money did not break a year and a week later and and neither should their products. I got a new one two months later and some bsing on Microsoft part.

01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
You guys need hook-ups. Don't ever deal with Microsoft directly. I would jump on that for $150 if I didn't already have an Elite. I know a guy who will fix it for $25... :ermm:

extremeblastr
01-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Nova
You guys need hook-ups. Don't ever deal with Microsoft directly. I would jump on that for $150 if I didn't already have an Elite. I know a guy who will fix it for $25... :ermm:

oh i would jump on it to and gladly fix it myself but i'm sick of broken xboxes, i would take the xbox gaming experience any day of the week but i'm so sick of the damn things breaking i went out and bought a ps3 lol

ZeroLogic
01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Well after a million lawsuits they fixed the problems, did they not. This happened about a year or so ago. All the new Xboxs should be fine.
Didn't the state of Cali sue them also?

exrider12
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I did some more research and $150 is a fair price for the Xbox, hard drive, original wires, and all paper work along with 1 controller and a head set.

The controllers are $50 bucks a piece new. I have 2 others that you can buy seperate from the xbox.

One has the rechargable battery and and the cable to recharge it. I would like $40.

The other is just a plain black elite controller. $30 .

Im willing to make deals.

400EXtreme
01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
How long ago did you buy your xbox?

yfzrider690
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
xbox's now have a three year warranty on them. I have had to send mine in twice now to have it fixed. If it's not more than three years old then they should fix it.

extremeblastr
01-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by yfzrider690
xbox's now have a three year warranty on them. I have had to send mine in twice now to have it fixed. If it's not more than three years old then they should fix it.

xboxes have a ONE YEAR warranty unless it is one of the first year model numbers, your warranty is sometimes reset when you have it fixed (depends on the problem that you had) but you will not ever get a 3 year warranty.