PDA

View Full Version : 1 cylinder not fireing

bansheeboyo
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
hi need a littel advise
there is only 1cylinder working on my banshee i put a new sparker coil pack on and it worked on 2 cylinders then went on it for a day.
and the next day it was back to 1 cylinder
and there is black oil dripping out the back of the pipes the pipes were chrome now black
will i need to rejet it as i put on
duncan racing pyramid reeds
and the coil pack
do u go up jets or down a size
and wat 1 do u change piolt
or main jet

dose it mater if you take a spark plugs from diferent bikes
as i took a spark plug from a trx250r
and it was firing on twin cylinder 2 hours later it was back to 1

cheers andy

adamson350r
01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I was getting ready to post the same thing. Right side misfiring and lots of unburnt fuel coming out of the exhaust. Switch spark plugs and the same side misfires. Know it isn't electrical. Here is the crazy thing it will fire now and then.

I don't think electrical unless timing could be off only allowing the left cylinder to fire.

Swapped reed cages and same thing.

We just rebuilt the top end I dont know if there is a piece of junk in the ports or crank case.

We do have a one into two system but it was running fine before.

adamson350r
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
And I did change to new spark plugs

tyleroar
01-10-2010, 05:41 PM
yall should clean your carbs!! check for trash in you jets what do your air filters look like?
if this problem just started all the sudden sounds like you have a clogged main on what ever side is not fireing
get some brake clean put the straw on shoot it through your jets all over your slides clean up your carbs well bodies and all before you go back together with it.
clean out your air box if running one. any sand/ mud then make sure that the punch marls are align on the stock carbs in the windows

adamson350r
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Air filter and carburetor are very clean. Problem must be something else.

tyleroar
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
i would check lol its free and probably the problem itll only take 15 minutes, do what you want, though
if you have adequate spark its all that it could be
it happens to me all the time thats what you get when you run outter air filters you can see my bike in my avatar and by looking at it i would say you can assume that my filters look good too
i some times still have to blow through my jets all it takes is 1 sand grain

adamson350r
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll go through and check again. If you lived close enough I would buy you lunch if that was all the problem was.

01-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Possibly your pipe might be clogged? Damn mice love 2-stroke pipes. Happened to my stockers.

And is the crossover tube hooked up? They run like **** without it.

tyleroar
01-12-2010, 05:22 AM
let me know if that works. well figure it out if its not. it doesnt seem to be a big deal it seems like a tunning issue hopefully. we hope to dee you at st anthony's when i get to go there some day!

bansheeboyo
01-17-2010, 08:44 AM
hi cleaned air filter and box and cleaned carbs and jets and spark plugs were clean

bansheeboyo
01-17-2010, 08:45 AM
now its not even starting it is verry very cold and snowie in scotland at the mo any ideas
cheers andy

tyleroar
01-17-2010, 03:14 PM
you dont have a pocket of air inyour fuel line do you? with your fuel on unplug you line until gas flows outstickit back on while its flowing.
make sure you install your stock carb slides in the correct carb body. the biggest raised edge on your round slide should be facing toward your airfilter
make sure you have the right spark plug gap you should be using a br8es. if you happen to drop the plugs you should look at the gaps.
check the idle posiition of your slides through the back of your carbs make sure they are landing all the way and adjusted right and both lifting together.
fuel on?
parking brake off?
T.O.R.S. plugged in and working correctly
just some things to check also check the wires on your coil and make sure the connections are tight. if your bike is garaged wich assume it is the weather is no issue we used to ride ours in -0c weather all the time when we where kids.

tyleroar
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
You don't have a mouse in your gas tank drinking all your gas before you can get it started, do you? Those crazy mice!

bansheeboyo
01-23-2010, 05:55 AM
i put new spark plugs in and it was running on 2 silenders and a heap of oil was coming out the silencers and it made my silencers black.next day it was back on 1 silender working
i put in new duncan racing pyrimid reeds and never got it rejetted
could that be the probblem it needs jetted as spark plugs are black dripping of oil when i take them out

bansheeboyo
02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
i have changed the rings ,new gaskets and still it runs only on 1 cylinder , what gives????????????????????

tyleroar
02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
check your plug wires make sure they are getting contact

adamson350r
02-20-2010, 05:20 PM
We took it to our Yamaha shop and they couldn't figure it out. I will be picking it up on Tuesday and begin taking apart the motor. They were stumped too.

adamson350r
02-20-2010, 05:22 PM
You think there might be some kind of debree lingering in the crank case keeping the right side performing right.

tyleroar
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
it sounds like yall must be having the same problem!

bansheeboyo
02-21-2010, 06:35 AM
well last night i was changing the reeds and put them back to stock and the left side worked and then the right side dose not

its normaly the right side that works so am away to put other reeds in

see if it works

tyleroar
02-21-2010, 07:18 AM
hey rob, i think that any issue in the crank case should effect every thing not just one side or the other. thats why i say i fyou have good compression on both cylinders its gotta be a fuel issue clogged jet, reed,or outta sync. or a spark issue. doubtfully cdi or stator for the same reason. you would notice poor performance in both areas

bansheeboyo
02-21-2010, 09:48 AM
hi i changed reeds about and still on 1 cylinder getting plentie compresion its backfireing the jets have just been changeed got a new plugs and new coil pack still not working and do have spark from both

tyleroar
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
what are your air screws set at? turn them all the way in then 1 1/2 out. while doing this you will also be verifying they are still in there too. my bud carry had one come out before.

bansheeboyo
02-21-2010, 01:07 PM
well just got it back from the quad machanic he set the carbs
and did my rings and jets

i have a stock banshee with dmc pipes ,trinity adjustiable timing plate ,dynatek coil kit ,and put in duncan racing pyrimid reeds
the macanic said the reeds are leting to much fuel through and
he could not jet the stock carbs for it
so i boult boysn reeds he said if u change the reeds u need to get bigger carbs new pistons new crank just for new performance reeds

and there is another problam my shee is socking its sellf in petrol every time i start it petrol pisses out the silencer and the middel bit were they conect

tyleroar
02-21-2010, 03:50 PM
no i dont think for boysen reeds i ran v-force on my stock carbs and every thing is great. to me it sounds like it is running rich if you are puking that much raw fuel while its firing.i don't know about the dyna coil. i do run the fs cdi from them and have heard that Yamaha coil is the only one worth using. but the reeds you should be fine i ran those on a blaster with stock carbs stock port stock exaust no problems here. if your reeds are all the way closed and the peddles are in good shape im still gonna say the problems are in your carbs

dmfisher71
03-17-2010, 05:21 PM
i am gonna say something different than everyone else if you got black oil coming out of your pipe, go get yet another pair of plugs drain ALL the fuel out of tank AND carbs. go get a new jug of gas and remix it sounds like you are running WAY to rich of mixture. that will foul out the plug and therefore you aint gonna fire on that cylinder. had it happen to many times on my dirt bikes. i just got a banshee a couple weeks ago its my first one but i have had many 2 stroke bikes years from 1973-2003 you may give that a try i usually mix mine 32:1 on most of the bikes i have had. not real sure about the mixture on the banshee yet i havent got it together yet

adamson350r
03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Talked to Cascade and Dave Moore and they think the crank tweeked itself a little and one side is spitting out crank oil and throwing off timing.