PDA

View Full Version : What color scheme should i use on my LSR/YZ Hybrid Chassis??

yz450hybrid
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I have my LSR/YZ hybrid chassis that is currently candy apple red, the powdercoat that is on it is in good shape overall, just some rub marks, scratches,etc.

Im trying to figure out if i should get it repowdercoated, if so i was thinking candy blue or translucent blue? But keep in mind the laeger a-arms i just got are hammertone, and they are brand new so im not going to have them powdercoated.

What do you guys think will go good with the hammertone color

Candy apple red (current color) or candy blue or translucent blue?

Also should i do the swingarm what ever color i decide to do the frame?

Im not to good with matching colors, so let me know guys..
thanks

yz450hybrid
01-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Here is a pic of the current color of the frame..

troybilt
01-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I think the current color looks pretty sweet! Hammertone goes with anything so you'll be fine whatever you pick out.

250Renvy
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I would match the swingarm to the a-arms. Frame color would depend on what color plastics you will be running.

With the candy red frame, I'd go with either black, white or yellow plastics.

It's hard deciding on a powder color / color scheme because so much has been done already, it's hard to come up with something original unless you get custom painted plastics.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
What type of racing you planning on doing with it.

Think about this,,, you should come race with us at the Extreme Dirt Track national events, because we have added back in the hybred bikes from the past years in some of the classes for 2010.

If you would want to do this type of racing, the color you deside needs to look fast & wild so it will capture attention.
That color on the frame looks good to me, is that PC or automotive paint.
Neil

skyeryder
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I heard you might have a trick axle 4-sale for flat track pm me more info if this is true

right now mine is at the PCers going to be candy blue frame can't wait to see it

yz450hybrid
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
troy bilt- thanks for the compliment

250Renvy- I was thinking either white or yellow myself with the candy red frame...

C-Leigh Racing- I just might look into that??

skyeryder- i pmed you

Thanks guys for the input, keep it coming!! If i keep the frame candy apple red im not sure whether or not to change the swingarm to hammertone or not because the swingarm is currently candy red and the powdercoat is in almost perfect condition!! I dont know???

woodsracer144
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
white... make it look like a oe style quad... i love the candy red and trans blue's...

All250R
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by skyeryder
I heard you might have a trick axle 4-sale for flat track pm me more info if this is true

right now mine is at the PCers going to be candy blue frame can't wait to see it
Maybe it's the picture, but it looks more like a tertiary color than a primary like Red. Yellow usually comes as a very saturated color and if not matched well will make the bike look disconnected at the seams. You'd be safe with white plastics and a black seat. Colors that hav ea lot of other colors mixed in look neat by themsevles but are hard to match premade plastics to them. When you do a house, you're supposed to match the wall paint to hte fabric because its' easier to paint a wall then change your couch. Same idea here.

If it were me though, I'd do it in solid (fighting) Red. You could match other basic colors more easily like blue, white, black, and yellow more easily with a color as basic as red.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by All250R
Maybe it's the picture, but it looks more like a tertiary color than a primary like Red. Yellow usually comes as a very saturated color and if not matched well will make the bike look disconnected at the seams. You'd be safe with white plastics and a black seat. Colors that hav ea lot of other colors mixed in look neat by themsevles but are hard to match premade plastics to them. When you do a house, you're supposed to match the wall paint to hte fabric because its' easier to paint a wall then change your couch. Same idea here.

If it were me though, I'd do it in solid (fighting) Red. You could match other basic colors more easily like blue, white, black, and yellow more easily with a color as basic as red.

Yeah but, :D has anybody figured out how to paint the walls Plaid or cordarory,,, :blah: .
Neil