PDA

View Full Version : Indiana snow drivers

derekhonda
01-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Why is it that everyone in indiana is a horrible snow driver? Yes, we are getting a "decent" amount of snow today, but only about 2 inches has fallen so far. I take the interstate to work, passed 5 slide offs in the first 5 miles, was just about ran off the road by a civic that I'm sure would have ended up being the 6th slide off I would have passed, I turned off the interstate and took county roads to work. Bottom line, the people either drive 15, or go faster than the regular limit. I was quite happy cruising at 40 to 45mph knowing it was a safe speed and since I planned ahead and left a few minutes early i would be ok on time. Ohwell, atleast the tow truck business will be good today.

Mxjunkie
01-07-2010, 07:21 AM
The days of when people would actually air down, add some weight or actually have a winter tires are long gone lol too trusting in todays cars.. I live on a one mile straight away and I kid you not on any given snow storm atleast 5-10 cars will spin out in front of my house haha.. The cars nowadays dont have enough weight behind them, hell I had to laugh the last snow storm we had I saw a old ford ltd giving it hell down the road and it was covered! all about weight! lol

I'm guilty of it though I couldnt swing enough cash to get a set of winter tires/rims so my 18's and little street meats are about the most useless thing you could have lol

But hey quads make good *** end weights :blah:

Jim417mx
01-07-2010, 07:34 AM
DUDE, I second you comepletely, I have a question, have you noticed todays drivers DONT do the speed limit, even in dry fair conditions? We have plenty of 40-55mph speed limits around here on roads and NOBODY does the speed limit, its always 5-10 under in DRY conditions, then 15-20mph under in snow ... I cant stand other drivers. On the other hand I made it to work completely fine, in my 2wd f-150 that goes nowhere with 0 traction.. and to my amazement I havent seen any cars in ditches or accidents.... yet..

ZeroLogic
01-07-2010, 07:38 AM
People can't drive anywhere.
I had some person up my ***, I mean so close I couldn't even see their headlights behind my tailgate during a real bad ice/snow storm. The roads were so covered you couldn't even see the rumble strips. Just this morning I had some New Yorker up my *** and I couldn't see the headlights. I was doing 35 in a 30 zone and the road was like a real tight s country road. I mean come on, slow down don't risk my life and yours to get somewhere 20 seconds faster. I never see so many idiots before. I was pumping gas one day and I was right next to a cop that was filling up. All the sudden a New Jersey driver flew by, and almost re-ended some guy driving a pickup. Now this is in Milford and is a packed town. Speed limit is 25 also. I have so many stories about bad drivers. Although, I need a rear bumper so I'm hoping someone rear ends me.

New York and New Jersey drivers are by far the worse I ever seen. Speeding cutting people off tailgating no signals ect ect.

derekhonda
01-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Haaaa, I65 shut down in my county due to too many wrecks. Hahahaha.

F-16Guy
01-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Yep, Indiana drivers suck. I've lived in several states, and this place is one of the worst. I'm out in farm country, so there's a lot of old farmers that appearantly have nowhere to go and all day to get there. In the dry weather you can pass them, but in the snow, they like to drive down the center of the road. My little Escape 4wd is great in the snow, so as long as there's no ice and I have room in front of me, I can go at a pretty good clip.

440racer66
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
People can't drive anywhere.
I had some person up my ***, I mean so close I couldn't even see their headlights behind my tailgate during a real bad ice/snow storm. The roads were so covered you couldn't even see the rumble strips. Just this morning I had some New Yorker up my *** and I couldn't see the headlights. I was doing 35 in a 30 zone and the road was like a real tight s country road. I mean come on, slow down don't risk my life and yours to get somewhere 20 seconds faster. I never see so many idiots before. I was pumping gas one day and I was right next to a cop that was filling up. All the sudden a New Jersey driver flew by, and almost re-ended some guy driving a pickup. Now this is in Milford and is a packed town. Speed limit is 25 also. I have so many stories about bad drivers. Although, I need a rear bumper so I'm hoping someone rear ends me.

New York and New Jersey drivers are by far the worse I ever seen. Speeding cutting people off tailgating no signals ect ect.
yeah i have abuddy that just moved down here from ny i thought i was going to die riding with him and then he looked at me and said 'hey man dont worry we all drive like this in ny'.

ATV Chic
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Haaaa, I65 shut down in my county due to too many wrecks. Hahahaha.

I was just watching wthr at noon and when they said there were like 5 crashes between mile marker 140 and 150 on I65 I lost it lol people here are retards when it snows:p

400ex28
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
i just yanked a guy out of a ditch :p

derekhonda
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
I was just watching wthr at noon and when they said there were like 5 crashes between mile marker 140 and 150 on I65 I lost it lol people here are retards when it snows:p

Yup I got on a 141 and right back off at 146, the drive home was much better although there were still a few cars in the median.

Man this 3" of snow, brutal! hahaha

ricksmx865
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Man i thought i was the only one who thought this.... I dunno how many cars i passed today that were in the ditch....

on 69 between around the 47 mile marker there was a jacknifed rig alllll the way out in the corn field, i dont even wanna know how fast he was going to go down the embankment, then back up the other side out into the field in a big rig!

idiots:rolleyes:

KXRida
01-07-2010, 09:04 PM
You should see central Pa. We get an inch of snow and it automatically means do 25 mph and drive like a jackass. People act like they've never driven in snow before and I hate it. Buy a 4wd vehicle or learn to drive the one you have.

ZeroLogic
01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
You should see central Pa. We get an inch of snow and it automatically means do 25 mph and drive like a jackass. People act like they've never driven in snow before and I hate it. Buy a 4wd vehicle or learn to drive the one you have.

4wd don't work unless you know how to drive.:p

Mxjunkie
01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
lol last snow storm my truck couldnt even make it out of its parking space :blah:

brian76708
01-07-2010, 10:16 PM
All my buddies who went to school in indi all said the same thing i thought it was funny when i saw this.

400ex28
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
yea semi drivers were passing me on 41 and i was going 65

derekhonda
01-08-2010, 06:27 AM
I guess the thing that gets me, Is I was in northern wisconsin all last weekend. They got roughly the same amount of snow as we just did, I didn't see one accident!

Now, their snow response is way better. Their clearing crews do a tremendous job getting the roads scraped, but overall, the people are just better at driving on snow and ice up there. More practice I guess for them, it just amazes me down here sometime.

Mxjunkie
01-08-2010, 07:29 AM
True that I've noticed my area ( chester county PA) they take their merry time getting out to do anything, that last snow storm that dropped almost 18 inches there was snow drifts that had taken over some roads to the point they were a one line death trap lol

KXRida
01-08-2010, 08:12 AM
4wd don't work unless you know how to drive.:p

haha listen I never got my front end swapped in on the ranger so I have a rear wheel drive thunderbird lol. She turns into a rally cat when the snow flies. 4wd is pretty sweet in the winter though, not gonna lie. I like it about 2 in morning when no one is on the roads.

Even up here in Altoona our city plowing sucks. The surrounding townships are awesome. It's amazing when you see the difference. My house is right at the city/township line and it's funny to see one side of the street and the other half still snow covered.

ZeroLogic
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Going out 2 or 3am during a snow storm is the best. :devil:
Altoona ain't nothin but farms and gas stations.:blah:

woodsracer144
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
i think its mostly casue kids when they turn 15 have a new car in the yard from mommy and daddy... there was a girl that got a new sunfire when she was 14 anda half! i was like are you ****in with me! you dont need that. it was her car, she said if they could drive it and all that, the first dusting of snow she was in the ditch,
another friend rolled his car... its like since they dont have to work for **** and understand what its worth they just beat the **** out of it...

im 18 now, and i havnt owned a truck that i've paid more then 600 bucks on, the one i have now i paid 600 for, i have about 1200 in to it with the price of the truck... its a 93 ford ranger, its not the truck i wish i could have but hell, its the cheapest 4x4 thats not totally beat to chit... im shootin for some one to smoke it when its parked so i can get a new truck:devil:

KXRida
01-08-2010, 05:22 PM

When the hell did we get farms in the middle of a city? There are some farms on the more rural parts lol. Where's milford? I think we need to get a Pa ride going.

JR3
01-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
lol last snow storm my truck couldnt even make it out of its parking space :blah:

haha same thing with my ranger i went to leave work and came to a stop spinning tires on a hill no steeper then a speed bump :huh

Mxjunkie
01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by JR3
haha same thing with my ranger i went to leave work and came to a stop spinning tires on a hill no steeper then a speed bump :huh

lol well I don't feel to bad now! I guess it wouldnt be too bad if our snow was powdery but its a weird wet mess thats like frickin ice!

onefast400ex
01-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Altoona also has the horseshoe railway. Phenomenal tourist attraction, more fascinating than the Grand Canyon. Haha
O and Milford isn't much better.

Mud Goat
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
What gets me is that why do people pick the worst day of the year to run errands and do a bunch of jibber jabber? I used to work at a grocery store in high school and the day it would snow a foot people would raid the grocery store. but the irony of this is the day before it would snow when it was all sun-shiney the store wouldn't have but a handfull of people in it. I guess we'll never know:confused:

KXRida
01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by onefast400ex
Altoona also has the horseshoe railway. Phenomenal tourist attraction, more fascinating than the Grand Canyon. Haha

Holy hell don't get me started on that. People act like it's the greatest thing they've ever seen. I will say it's one hell of a trail ride up that mountain. Very, very rocky.

I usually don't have any trouble getting out of my parking spaces with the ranger...
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/111/l_427af432da4d38263900e21e064da035.jpg

Then again I never put my new front end in the ranger, so she only has 2wd mode. I don't think running 4.10's up front and 4.88's out back would be a healthy thing.

JR3
01-09-2010, 06:37 AM
haha yea my rangers 2wd and a lil lower to the ground then that hence the trouble haha

ZeroLogic
01-09-2010, 08:41 AM

You gotta be gay or a girl to like Milford.:chinese:

onefast400ex
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
You gotta be gay or a girl to like Milford.:chinese:

I drove through there several times, pulled over to the side of the road once to mark the territory. Hell, I'd think PA would be better off if we donated Milford to New Jersey. Correct me if I am wrong because my 60 seconds on Milford Soil was pretty late at night so I couldn't witness any of the activites or attractions going on in the Milford area.

-Andrew

Mud Goat
01-10-2010, 10:24 PM
[Then again I never put my new front end in the ranger, so she only has 2wd mode. I don't think running 4.10's up front and 4.88's out back would be a healthy thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

nope prolley not. It wouldn't hurt anything if you only used 4 wheel dig in the mud and nowere else, but other than a something strickly for mudding it will break more stuff than u can afford to fix. I had 4.10 rear, 3.08 fronts in my 78 blazer. i put a 14 bolt rear in it and never swapped in the 60 front. I ran out of money but still wanted to play :D

ZeroLogic
01-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I drove through there several times, pulled over to the side of the road once to mark the territory. Hell, I'd think PA would be better off if we donated Milford to New Jersey. Correct me if I am wrong because my 60 seconds on Milford Soil was pretty late at night so I couldn't witness any of the activites or attractions going on in the Milford area.

-Andrew

More Njers go through there than us.

Theres a joke around here about Milford, it goes, what do you do when youi drop your wallet in Milford? Kick it over to Port Jervis and pick it up.:blah: