PDA

View Full Version : axle question

jon450
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
well my axle is a little ruff looking and my sprocket hub is shot so i was wondering should i buy a new axle or should i buy a new sprocket hub i bought the atv used and asked the previous owner what kinda axle is has he said a lsr so i kinda hate to buy a new sprocket hub and it not work since ive read different sprocket hubs on fit the axle its made by

also what brand axle should i stay away from or buy if i go that route

d3ktrix
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Post some good quality pictures of the axle and someone should be able to ID it for you.
Normally going by the design of the sprocket hub and taper of the axle as it meets the spacers they are normally pretty easy to tell apart.

Also, most axle sprocket hubs are pressed on, so if you bought one you will most likely need access to a press.

As for which axles to stay away from.
I personally don't like LSR, I have seen at least 4 snap off in person, and few times cause crashes with injury. They snap off clean like an icicle, don't even bend.
No doubt a strong axle and work for many people, but from what I've seen, I can never trust one.
Plus the wheel hubs coming loose all the time has to suck. lol

Gforce isn't bad for the money, isn't the strongest axle for sure, but I've yet to see or hear of one SNAPPING off, just bending.
Mine bent on both ends, warrantied it, sold it and got an RPM.

IMO RPM is the best you can get.

Team is also supposed to good stuff.

BlaineKaiser450
01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree, I and all of my friends that use them, have had good luck with RPM

miles Machine
01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
RPM x3

jon450
01-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Any one have a rpm axle for good price?

miles Machine
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
call this number 1-315-625-7404 ask for john he owns lewis atv/mx hes a great guy...just say chad told you to call

Brian Pearson
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
the gforce is a good axle for only 199 at rockymountain

atvnut22
01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
ive bent 2 g-forces, both times peggin trees when i was trail riding. mine now has a loose sprocket hub. just aint found the time to pull it and send it in.

rpm's are the best imo, their pricey, but will last. ive only seen one bend, on a raptor.