PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild ?

quadracer707
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Okay guys & dolls,

Went to our engine builder today to talk about engine rebuild. For the most part besides the head work, porting, valves, piston modifications, what else is everyone doing.
Questions,

#1 is anyone doing crank modifications & which kind
#2 camshafts & who
#3 cdi box, is it really necessary, again which kind
#4 carbs, has anyone come up with the right one, or one that really isn't worth the price,

Thanx Ken

QuadJunkies
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
#4 carbs, has anyone come up with the right one, or one that really isn't worth the price,

Thanx Ken

Good luck getting a solid answer on that..I think its going to be based off preference right now and a litlte know how but I cant seem to find that answer myself. We have spoke to several companies over the last 4 months that does 250 builds and only got a little info from one person- which wasnt really that great of info .:ermm: Theres a few that build the motors, but have no idea what carbs are the best to use what so ever....i wish I could get my hands on 2-3 carbs and test them all and post some results . Ive heard members tell pros and cons on 2 of them so far.

I think there was one member who has had two dif styles of carbs on here.... Im hoping soon we can get a carb and do some dynos and see . I have no doubt they are all much easier to tune-which is the only real reason we want one for now. My sons motor is MORE than enough to keep him busy for a few months .LOL

I dunno about ya'll ...but I have a serious issue dropping 500 bones on a carb without seeing something that supports the cost being worth while. Ive heard by a few that the FCR is stiff as well. Not good for endurance riders with small hands .

Hope you find your answer Ken ! :)