PDA

View Full Version : COOLDD arena cross

SmthHonRider99
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
So im racing a local arena cross on saturday and the high is around 17 i think. I will most likely be pitting outside due to there not being enough room indoors. I need some suggestions on what to bring to stay warm/ prepared. I have never raced indoors and i dont really know whats going to go down. any tip is much appreciated.

bad450r08
01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
You racing the one in memphis? My first one was in Dec. it was fun but like my friends said the beginners will crash you and i got crashed lol.

beastlywarrior
01-06-2010, 08:47 PM
if you have an enclosed trailer keep the quad in there and you definatly want a heater but if you dont make sure to keep your muscles warm and relaxed. ive got an indoor race next weekend

QuadJunkies
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
if you have an enclosed trailer keep the quad in there and you definatly want a heater but if you dont make sure to keep your muscles warm and relaxed.
FOR SURE! I used to get horrible arm pump when we raced in cold temps.
Even now just being out in the elements for several hours I hurt the next day from the cold . :ermm:

TNT
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
It's pretty dangerous really since it's so tight. We went to RD 1 Batesville this series and we seen at least 1 bad quad wreck....guy split his face open off a jump landing that needed a fast sharp turn....just be carefull! It's ALOT tighter than MX.....take it slow get the know the track/jumps.....1st one you don't have to try and win, just learn, totally different animal about 50% luck and the hole shot wins most since it's hard to pass track is too narrow and short.

I wish the quad pros could jump as far as the bike pro's at these things to be more exciting to the fans, some jumps just don't give launch bikes can blimp it........

We should be at Cookville Rd 3 got one closer to home this weekend.

AXT puts on a good series tho....

Good luck be safe!

Drewltr450
01-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Compressed Kerosine Or a propane space heater, Keep yah nice n toasty all weekend long.

sunco
01-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Don't forget even the handwarmers. There a dollar at alot of places. I put them in my boots when a ride in the woods. The hand ones maybe for when your waitin. Like the other guy said - your there to have a good time - Don't be hero, enjoy the adreniline rush, do what ya can & come home & tell everyone you had a blast. Good luck. Your a winner cause ur riding :D

SmthHonRider99
01-07-2010, 07:17 AM
thanks for all the comments everyone. i do not have an enclosed trailer haha. i will have my quad in the back of the truck and braving the cold! :( word is that everyone can fit in the building behind the arena so thats good news.

You racing the one in memphis? My first one was in Dec. it was fun but like my friends said the beginners will crash you and i got crashed lol.

yeah im racing the one in memphis. I am not a beginner by any means, to arenacross I guess I am but im confident in my abilities.

KXRida
01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
If you can get some practice laps in on the track. You'll most likely have to adjust tire pressure because the dirt is going to be pretty and/or frozen. I raced an AX race one year (it was heated) but still rather chilly. I wore a layer of under armor under my riding gear and once I got warm it held the heat in pretty good. It probably wouldn't hurt to rejet as well. I'm sure you're having some sort lean mixture if you're still running your summer jetting. As the others said, portable space heaters work well. I personally like using the propane ones. You don't have to have as much ventilation as you do with the kerosene ones. Also much much quieter.

One_Bad_400
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
What class will you be running. I'll be there on a white tmm Honda.

One_Bad_400
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by bad450r08

Gregory is that you? Your crazy. Trying to do the worm under your quad.

SmthHonRider99
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
What class will you be running. I'll be there on a white tmm Honda.

im runnin novice cause ive never ran one before. was that you at batesville a couple weeks ago?

One_Bad_400
01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I didn't run batesville. Travis Moore is on a tmm bike as well

SmthHonRider99
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
not the arena cross. just that practice day when yall were throwin heel clickers over that table

One_Bad_400
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Ah yes. That was me and my bud Gregory. If I can make more then 2 laps without an asthma attack it will be a fun weekend

bad450r08
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Ill be their too runnin novice on a junky red 450r

bad450r08
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Yepp its me hunter

One_Bad_400
01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Junky? Nothin wrong with you bike. Lol

bad450r08
01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
My nerfs are louder than my sparks exhaust haha

protraxrptr17
01-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I ain't coming. I have no money and my son's birthday party is saturday.:(

sunco
01-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by bad450r08
My nerfs are louder than my sparks exhaust haha

They must be AC nerfs :)

sunco
01-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Hey I like the list on ur quad. Got an pictures?

bad450r08
01-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by sunco
They must be AC nerfs :)

You are correct they raddle like crazy lol

woodsracer144
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by TNT
It's pretty dangerous really since it's so tight. We went to RD 1 Batesville this series and we seen at least 1 bad quad wreck....guy split his face open off a jump landing that needed a fast sharp turn....just be carefull! It's ALOT tighter than MX.....take it slow get the know the track/jumps.....1st one you don't have to try and win, just learn, totally different animal about 50% luck and the hole shot wins most since it's hard to pass track is too narrow and short.

I wish the quad pros could jump as far as the bike pro's at these things to be more exciting to the fans, some jumps just don't give launch bikes can blimp it........

We should be at Cookville Rd 3 got one closer to home this weekend.

AXT puts on a good series tho....

Good luck be safe!

its cause the bikes are built totally different, the bikes get the stronger motors, and they spend more time with them...

TNT
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Man even the AX's are cold!!! Memphis I keep seeing on the news CNN all week, people dieing probably old, electric company finally turned the heat on for this one old lady who could not afford it I see today. I would not want to be there this weekend. I just got a report of one outside of Tulsa, Claremoore, OK, freeeeezing getting to the building like 3 deg at 8pm practice, small turn outs race day tomorrow hope it better.....

Claremore races at 10am done by dark, Memphis heats all day race tomorrow night, it WILL be cold!!!! :macho

SmthHonRider99
01-08-2010, 11:15 PM
yeah one of the people that died of hypothermia was my history teacher.. :ermm: been a sad start for the new year for me.

but anyways, im still in for tomorrow. See yall there!

One_Bad_400
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
here is the track layout pics.. cant wait. see ya'll tomorrow

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/xtremeworld22/Memphis%20AX%20Track/

TNT
01-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Wow that looks like a nice place and track. Have you guy's been to Cookville, few weeks thinking about going.

One_Bad_400
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
never been.

that table table is going to be huge when people double that whole thing. i know i aint :ermm:

SmthHonRider99
01-09-2010, 06:18 PM
So i have decided after my arena cross experience that i like outdoor WAY better. For staying in shape i guess its alright but i wouldn't drive 4 hours to race one or anything.

One_Bad_400
01-09-2010, 10:28 PM
welp. ended up coming in 3rd in Quad pro. after 2 laps i was wore out. that was my main plroblem. even getting 3rd payed enought to cover my cost for the weekend. overal we had a GREAT day of racing. My buddy Gregory (bad450r08) ended up finishing 2nd in Quad Novice. my other buddy Kyle, it was his first race. won moto 1 and went from last to 5th in second moto, overal 4th. and i got 3rd in both my moto in pro. no one had any wrecks (from my crew). and everyone did good.

ya, thats the way i felt my first few AX's. but now i enjoy them. perfect dirt, indoors.

the only thing i have to complain over is the staff didnt have their stuff together.

SmthHonRider99
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
yeah i watched yalls first moto when you passed dalton with the inside line. I was runnin 3rd out of the holeshot first moto then moved up to 2nd, but got really outta shape in the whoops and bout came over the concrete wall haha. that put me in last.. 2nd moto i get lined up on the 2nd row.. no fun.. like 3 people in front of me are flipping down the straight away.. i end up 4th again.. but they gave me 5th overall. its all about the holeshot man. whoever gets it is basically gonna win. thats no fun to me.

TNT
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by SmthHonRider99
yeah i watched yalls first moto when you passed dalton with the inside line. I was runnin 3rd out of the holeshot first moto then moved up to 2nd, but got really outta shape in the whoops and bout came over the concrete wall haha. that put me in last.. 2nd moto i get lined up on the 2nd row.. no fun.. like 3 people in front of me are flipping down the straight away.. i end up 4th again.. but they gave me 5th overall. its all about the holeshot man. whoever gets it is basically gonna win. thats no fun to me.

Most that live in cold weather use these AX's for a place to stay in shape in the off season, doesn't matter if you win or not it's a good tool for seat time. You have an advantage if you get the hole shot true, that should make you want to improve you'rs more and practice it. My son started at the second row yesterday in Oklahoma and passed everyone 10 quads and won, but he was the only pro there and was made to race with ams. Still tho I have seen pro's/ams pass each other, it takes more skill to do that which helps later in MX, that and the tight turning, etc will only help your moto not hurt it. Stick with it we need good quad turn-outs at these.

We'll be at CCP in OK City next weekend. Pretty sure if the the weather is good we'll be in Cookville, TN next round...hope to see ya all there.

SmthHonRider99
01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Most that live in cold weather use these AX's for a place to stay in shape in the off season, doesn't matter if you win or not it's a good tool for seat time. You have an advantage if you get the hole shot true, that should make you want to improve you'rs more and practice it. My son started at the second row yesterday in Oklahoma and passed everyone 10 quads and won, but he was the only pro there and was made to race with ams. Still tho I have seen pro's/ams pass each other, it takes more skill to do that which helps later in MX, that and the tight turning, etc will only help your moto not hurt it. Stick with it we need good quad turn-outs at these.

I understand what you are saying but if you saw how small this track is there is virtually no room to pass anywhere.
Im not trying to argue at all before you think i am. :) i do agree completely with getting seat time in the off season. its just that the indoors are an average of 3-4 hours from me. i was just saying i dont know if i would be willing/able to afford to drive that far. If I could I would race them more. Are you going to be at corinth this weekend?

TNT
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I understand what you are saying but if you saw how small this track is there is virtually no room to pass anywhere.
Im not trying to argue at all before you think i am. :) i do agree completely with getting seat time in the off season. its just that the indoors are an average of 3-4 hours from me. i was just saying i dont know if i would be willing/able to afford to drive that far. If I could I would race them more. Are you going to be at corinth this weekend?

Hear ya on the $ thing. TN/MS is a good 13 hour drive from KS so we're going to CCP Oklahoma City this weekend only 3hr. http://www.cyclecitypromotions.com/scheduleoklahomacity.php These guys advertise well and got it together, grandstands usually full. Check out thier schedule races all over.

Corinth? Are you talking about the next round of this series in Murufreesboro, TN?

One_Bad_400
01-10-2010, 03:15 PM
i just make it to memphis every year and sometimes batesville. couldnt make it to batesville this year because i go to school in Arkansas now. I wont be able to make it to corinth cuz i'm about to leave to go back to AR.

Sucks cuz no AR tracks let quads ride, so i got a CRF a few months ago and the jack***** sold me a "about to blow up" motor. so my clutch, valves, and crank are out in that motor. put about 5 hours on it. now i have no money to fix it.

SmthHonRider99
01-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Corinth? Are you talking about the next round of this series in Murufreesboro, TN?
its the fly stadium cross in Corinth. pro pays $150 for first.

http://www.rpmsportsonline.com/htm/specialevents.htm

Sucks cuz no AR tracks let quads ride, so i got a CRF a few months ago
I have considered getting one but Ive never been real into bikes. How do you like it?

and are you gonna make it to the batesville race on Feb 13th?

TNT
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Man I can't keep up with it all. I had not heard of this one, thanks! You all in MS/TN got it made between AXT and FLY.

CCP's not close to yu all but they got a pretty sweet deal racing both Fri and Sat night and $3000 pro-purse, makes it more worth while.

TNT
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
its the fly stadium cross in Corinth. pro pays $150 for first.
http://www.rpmsportsonline.com/htm/specialevents.htm

I think FLY made a typo on their schedule Feb 4th is a Thursday, they must mean 5-6th Friday/Sat same weekend as Cookville not far away.....Crossroads in Corinth looks pretty nice, got a RV park full hook-ups.....Corinth races both Fri/Sat nights and that $150 pro purse per night looks pretty nice. Cookville only race one night Sat $300 purse.

I would think the better choice would be Corinth unless you all from TN can advice us differently. Let me know what you think of Corinth....It will be over a 13 hour one way drive for us but that’s my birthday weekend and want to go to a race take a winter vacation. :D

bens250ex
01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Im not trying to argue at all before you think i am. :) i do agree completely with getting seat time in the off season. its just that the indoors are an average of 3-4 hours from me. i was just saying i dont know if i would be willing/able to afford to drive that far. If I could I would race them more. Are you going to be at corinth this weekend? . You going to race the Starkville one ? If you want to race it feel free to stay at my place i stay in starkville . I was going to race memphis but I have been sick and just didn't have the energy to I'm going to try to do batesvill too next round

SmthHonRider99
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
. You going to race the Starkville one ? If you want to race it feel free to stay at my place i stay in starkville . I was going to race memphis but I have been sick and just didn't have the energy to I'm going to try to do batesvill too next round

hey man thanks for the offer. I might im really not sure yet, but im more of a race then get home type person. i will more than likely be at batesville as well.

One_Bad_400
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
if i can find some mula i will probably do batesville.