PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Flame with black smoke

jasonmorash1
01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I just finshed valve adjustment, cleaning out the carb and also putting a 42 in. I know it had a dynojet kit put in it a few years ago before i bought. I check the dynojet site and they say to turn the a/f screw out 3.5 Well that make the bike run like **** if it even starts at all. I got it idleing steady at 2 turns, but when i give it a shot of throttle in N black smoke comes out with a flame.

I take it this is a sign of it running rich? Any suggestions on what i should be doing or looking for?

I live in eastern canada. temp ranging from 90 (30C) in the summer to around 0 (-25C) in the winter.

Cheers
Jason

d3ktrix
01-07-2010, 08:54 AM
What jet did u have in there before?
Why did u make the change?

Sounds like its too rich.
If the problem can't be fixed by adjusting the A/F screw (Don't go in to less then 1 turn out). Then you'll have to go down to the next size pilot.

jasonmorash1
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I had the 38 in before. I switched over to the 42 due to all the praise it has gotten online for supposedly aiding the cold start blues. With a bit more adjusting (turnig the A/F screw in) its been getting better. I gotta check if its more then 1 turn out tho (i think its pretty close). Luckily i ordered a 40 the same time i got the new 42. Thanks for the help. I just needed confirmation that i was going in the right direction.

Cheers